APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Specialist
: Makurdi, Benue
- The successful person will report to the Project Director and will be responsible for coordinating the service delivery that is aimed at increasing assess to and utilization of knowledge for improved behavior related to infant and young child feeding, notably early, exclusive and continued breastfeeding, appropriate complementary feeding of children 6-23 months of age.
- S/He will be responsible for deployment of the proposed innovations to comply with the technical and operational standards and ensure regular documentation and reporting on the progress of the innovation.
- The Nutrition Specialist will participate in periodic quality testing of nutrition related products, supplies and pharmaceuticals undertaken by NAFDAC or independent parties.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a Master's degree in relevant discipline (Nutrition / Public Health)
- Must have at least minimum of eight (8) years’ post Master’s experience managing development projects in Nigeria, with a strong focus on field implementation.
- Demonstrated experience of working on nutrition related issues with multi-sectoral teams in developing nations
- Familiarity with analytical tools and ability to translate theoretical concepts into practical approaches for operational work.
- Knowledge of other Nigerian languages will be an asset.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management/ advocacy skills.
- Must possess good report writing, presentation, data interpretation skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online