Chabash Development and Health Initiative (CDHI) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 85190). Existing since March 2016, CDHI focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. CDHI operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
CDHI will implement Prevention and treatment of moderate acute malnutrition (MAM) amongst children 6-59 months and Pregnant and Lactating Women through integrated community-based approach using Tom Brown local solution in Affected communities of Michika and Madagali LGAs of Adamawa state, with funding from Nigerian Humanitarian Fund (NHF) - 2021 1st standard allocation.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Michika, Madagali - Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the delivery of the nutrition activities at the field level and provide technical support to HWs, Nutrition Assistants and CNMs
- Ensure quality engagement of community leaders / their delegates for the organization of beneficiaries in each project location.
- Carry out weekly supervisory visits to all project locations assigned
- Ensure adequate availability of food and material supplies for distribution in all project locations and share monthly distribution plan with the Nutrition Manager
- Attend regular nutrition meetings and assist in any other tasks when required
- Respect the dignity and culture of beneficiaries and other members of the community
- He/she will support the implementation and sensitization activities for targeted communities about MAM/IYCF in collaboration with state Ministry of Health, State Primary Health Care Development Agency, Partners, community leaders and other key stakeholders at local government level.
- Conduct rapid appraisal/assessment on nutrition situation including IYCF practices, GBV risk analysis and MUAC screening
- He/she will support the delivery of IYCF counseling sessions to pregnant women for the preparation of breastfeeding and colostrum feeding and all mothers with children under 59 months.
- Plan and conduct mass MUAC screening of the under-fives in collaboration with the Community Health volunteers
- Document’s findings and recommendations of field visits for follow-up of beneficiaries
- Prepare and submit program reports including 5Ws to NE Nutrition sector, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and timeliness per the responsibility areas.
- Documents lessons learned in specific technical areas.
- Perform any other task as may be directed by Project Manager
- The Nutrition Officer WILL be based in Michika.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Community Health or other relevant, field.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in implementing CMAM, IYCF, and other community-based nutrition activities. Experience in MAM treatment using Tom Brown approach is desirable.
- Master’s degree in relevant fields; Nutrition, Public Health, Community Health will be an added advantage
- Be proficient in the use of computer applications (Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Have excellent team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
- Ability to speak local languages in Michika and Madagali LGAs will be an added advantage.
- Have previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. CBT, WASH, Nutrition) preferably.
- Be committed to Action the CDHI’s mission, values, and policies.
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply online
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.