- Company: Action Against Hunger Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Maiduguri – Borno and Potiskum – Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Nutrition and Health
Experience: Manager / Supervisor
Proposed Start date: June 2021
Direct Line Manager: Project Coordinator
Company Overview / Description
- Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
- The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
- USAID-Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)’s mission is to save lives, alleviate human suffering, and reduce the physical, social, and economic impact of rapid and slow-onset disasters by supporting at-risk populations to build stable foundations. By ensuring affected populations have enough food and income, health and nutrition services and increased access to improved water, sanitation and hygiene, Action Against Hunger through this action will enhance the goal of saving lives, alleviating human suffering and reducing impact of disasters for the vulnerable populations.
- Action Against Hunger is looking for to fill the role of a Nutrition and Health Programme Manager to contribute to the successful implementation of nutrition program activities with the aim to improve access to nutrition and health services for affected population in Borno state.
- Update and maintain 5W/4W mapping (Health, and Nutrition sector) tool on a regular basis for the operational LGA; and share with the Nutrition and Health Sector Manager.
- Update tracking tool to monitor programme screening based data on acute malnutrition; collect health facility based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs.
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for Nutrition KAP surveys; Baseline and End line Surveys.
- Liaise with Community Mobilization Officers/Assistants for accessing community support group database; health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility based activities.
- Conduct periodic capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, IMCI service delivery, Reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs.
- During supervision visit, identify gaps of in supply sides and report to the Nutrition and Health Sector Manager for remedial action.
- Work with health workers to establish crowd control mechanisms and compliance with Infection Control and COVID-19 mitigation measures in the health facilities/centres.
- Provide guidance and support to health workers for putting in place facility based screening, detection of acutely malnourished children.
- Closely monitor if health workers are following the appropriate protocol for antenatal care, delivery service and postnatal care.
- Organize training for Government nurses/midwives on integrated management of childhood illnesses and ANC/PNC and delivery service provision in close collaboration with the NHSM.
- Support the SMoH facility staffs on developing customized need specific guidance notes on IMCI, ANC/PNC, and delivery service for on job coaching on different modules based on national protocol.
- Ensure use of predefined quality assessment checklist, on-job coaching guidance as well as support Assistant N/H Officers in using these tools.
- Conduct technical on-job coaching of health workers during supportive supervision in health facilities.
- Maintain and update database for health workers, community health workers/volunteers, trainings and share with line manager.
- Prepare consolidated tracking tool for supportive supervision visits/on-job coaching sessions and share with line manager.
- Update LGA work plans, individual work plans and share with line manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming;
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment;
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion activities;
- Three years relevant work experience;
- Excellent report writing skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Fluency in Hausa and English;
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy.
Minimum Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- NGN 466,741 per month
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Note
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.