Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Nutrition and Health Program Manager
Department: Programmes - Nutrition and Health
Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start date: August, 2022
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for Nutrition and Health assessments;
- Liaise with Nutrition and Health Assistants for accessing community support group database, health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility based activities;
- Conduct ongoing capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, IMCI service delivery, reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs;
- Ensure that specific monitoring finding is reported to the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager with potential solutions;
- Track Supervisee’s daily attendance, validate monthly attendance for supervisee, and submit it on a timely basis to HR;
- Communicate with HR for necessary staff meeting, performance review, appraisals, and leaves of supervisee;
- Collect consumption reports from health facilities, compile for LGA and share with line manager with needs for upcoming month;
- Regularly report and coordinate with line manager regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health, Food Science / Technology or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in Nutrition programing;
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa;
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Team management experience with similar programs;
- Ability to observe and to provide feedback on the activities;
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies.
Starting Basic Salary
- N281,063 per month (excluding other benefits).
Other benefits include but not limited to:
- 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.