Nurse at Critical Rescue International (CRI)
Critical Rescue International (CRI) was founded in 2001 as Nigeria’s first advanced paramedic (Emergency Medical Services) company. Over the ensuing years, we have developed a strong international reputation in the areas of health information and advice, medical assistance, primary healthcare, emergency and non-emergency medical response, benefits administration, and industrial health services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To plan and provide medical and nursing care to patients in a medical clinic, at home, in an ambulance, or in other settings who are suffering from emergent or chronic illness and/or injury.
- Able to multitask and work with other healthcare staff to deliver primary medical care in a persons’ home, and remotely via telemedicine.
- React effectively in emergency and non-emergency scenarios, demonstrating sound decision-making to benefit health
- To act as a resuscitation lead or team member for seriously injured patients while they are in an ambulance and/or clinic
- To perform minor surgical procedures.
- To administer medical first aid and Basic Life Support to patients.
- Triage and identify medical illness and/or injury
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to medical protocols; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Observation and maintaining records of vital signs and level of consciousness
- To assess and treat new patients.
- Display expert clinical skills in managing the critical care of all categories of patients.
- Document medical history.
- Contribute to strategic planning and initiatives to advance standards of care excellence, improve patient outcomes and drive continuous improvement.
- Responsibility of patient care may be in a clinical, home, or ambulance environment
- To provide care in line with the telemedicine protocols.
- To participate in concierge home services.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality of services rendered to patients
- Ability to project the brand and services of the company
- Quality of records and reports
- Continuous improvement of knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Registered Nurse
- 3-4 years’ experience in Nursing
- Home Health Nursing Experience
- Ability to utilize various Microsoft Office applications/software, Expert in Email and other Computer Functions
- Training in BLS, ACLS, PALS, Trauma Life Support, First Aid, etc. preferred
- Positive/outgoing attitude
- Ability to adapt to various roles/responsibilities