The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse Activity Manager - M / F
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Desired start date: October 15th, 2021
Protection of Beneficiaries and Community Members
- Level 3: As part of his or her duties, the incumbent will be required to visit the programs and be in contact with children and / and vulnerable adults.
- Therefore, the criminal record check or the presentation of a certificate of good moral character will be necessary. In situations where it is impossible to provide a criminal record or a certificate of good moral character, a declaration of honor will be requested.
Mission Et Objectives
He/she participates in defining, planning, implementing and monitoring all care and nursing-related activities in accordance with the project plan, ALIMA’s policies, approved guidelines and procedures.
He/she guarantees the quality of nursing care as well as coordinate human and materials related and resources in collaboration with different health facilities responsible in order to improve health conditions of the target populatio
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Nursing Activity Manager reports directly to the Medical Referent. He / She maintains a close collaboration with different responsibilities of health facilities in which ALIMA’s is bringing medical support and technical relation with the nurse supervisor and the project team to ensure smooth running of medical activities:
- Ensure that the Planning and organization of all nursing and related activities in OTP, ITFC, OPD, Community Activity and participating in the definition of periodic planning and update of its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of a high-quality healthcare.
- Coordinate the duty roster, shifts and on-calls of nursing staff. When needed, being responsible for scheduling duty rosters, shifts and on-call of nursing staff.
- Oversee and monitor the rational use of medicines and the proper administration of treatments in step with ALIMA/MoH protocols.
- Oversee proper management of the different activities like OTP, ITFC, OPD, drug store (inventory, orders, supervision of distribution).
- Participate in handling international orders for medicines and medical supplies.
- Ensure that all administrative procedures and documents (individual patient cards and registration book, discharge forms, transfer forms, etc.) and existing data management tools are used correctly
- Support the development and implementation of nursing protocols and standards
- Monitor adherence to hygiene procedures for materials (sterilization, waste disposal), rooms and equipment in general. Monitor adherence to universal measures for infection prevention control.
- Ensure that all necessary actions are well known in the event of needle stick injuries or contact with infectious body fluid by all staff (including non-medical staff), example: Accident of Blood.
- Supervise the national nurses’ supervisors, and all related activities in liaison with the different activities in the project (OTP, ITFC, OPD, Community Activities, etc.) to ensure good nursing practices and a high level of quality delivery throughout the facility
- Can Train, supervise and manage local nursing staff or community health providers even it is under nurse supervisor, and all staff under his/her responsibility through activities such as recruitment, defining job descriptions, capacity-building, briefing/debriefing and evaluation of staff.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and organization of the training sessions of MoH staff in accordance of the project plan.
- Participate in the different meetings of management of the project (steering committee meetings, technical meetings…).
- Reporting to the line manager on any relevant information linked to nursing activities and participating in periodic reports according to guideli
- In close coordination with the admin project, planning and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nursing staff of the project in order to improve staff capabilities and ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the organization through the Medical referent or Coordinator Project.
Experience and Skills
Essential nursing diploma for general or specialized health services; specialization in nutrition or sexual and reproductive health would be an asset.
Essential working experience of at least five years in nursing activities specialized either in nutrition/health and sexual reproductive health.
Essential working experience in related jobs in ALIMA or other NGOs developing countries.
English is Essential; French, Hausa and Kanuri language would be an asset.
Contract under French law, 6 months.
Depending on experience:
ALIMA pays for:
Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
Evacuation of the employee
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- We process applications as they are received. If an application matches our search, the offer can therefore be closed early
- Female applications are strongly encouraged.