Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client, an International Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Adexen was mandated by an international Group to recruit an HSE Manager/Head to cover their operations in Nigeria.
- Responsible for establishing Health and Safety, Social and Environmental (HSSE) best practice policies, standards and programs across the Group, Subsidiaries and Projects.
- Ensure safety, health and environmental working conditions are followed at all times.
- Implementation of policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe and secure business operation.
- Enforce safe working practices and ensure lost time injuries are kept to a minimum.
- Drive and manage the Group global aim to be recognized as an industry leader within the field of Safety and Security.
- Apply the overall Group standards and guidelines on HSE.
- Represent the company with local government organizations related to safety, and health, in order to ensure a mutual understanding of the Company’s goals and requirements, and to work in a cooperative partnership with local resources.
- Prepare audits to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow-up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Responsible for setting and achieving the budget for the HSE department.
- Coordinate studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel
- Lead the accident/incident investigation and reporting.
- Ensure that all safety & environmental issues are managed to fulfil the requirements of all the regulations applicable bylaws.
Desired Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Health, Safety, and Quality Management or any relevant field of study from a recognized university
- MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 15 years experience in a senior HSE role within an international industrial corporation
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online