The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore established by UMB to carry out UMB's programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates through MGIC. MGIC has IJMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as ‘country offices’) throughout sub-Saliaran Africa. MGIC activities are funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements with UMB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (SHARP)
Kano, Bauchi, Kebbi, Zamfara and Niger, Nigeria
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (SHARP)
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Grade Level: Aligns with Country Salary Structure
Position Type: Full-time staff position
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Officers (MEO) support the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists and are responsible for the execution of project specific monitoring and evaluation frameworks and utilization of information systems to beck delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts.
- The MEO will report to the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialists aid will be assigned to core strategic areas as detailed below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing operational monitoring kids (checklist, questionnaires, databases, interview and survey forms, etc)
- Supports monthly data collection, data entry & data analysis based on project requirements
- Support data completeness aid quality checks on daily DHIS data submissions and provide feedback to field teams.
- Assist with analysis of data collected for assessment of progress towards project targets aid areas of improvement
- Assist with the development of reports related to DQA findings and develop related presentations for internal and external use;
- Assist with analysis of data collected for assessment of progress towards project targets and areas of improvement
- Ensuring dais accuracy and reliability
- Support M&E Lead in responding to the data analysis calls from USAID.
- Support technical staff in M&E functions and will manage assigned Data monitors
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Duties per Assignment:
- CQI: Review facility and LGA based CQI plans with facility- based teams; assist with the documentation of successful solution for scaling up; assist with CQI trainings for technical team members and facility- based staff.
- Data quality and Monitoring: Conduct assessments around data quality and monitoring for technical teams
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience in Data Quality Audits, particularity inline PEFPAR setting
- Experience working in the Key Population field
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries;
- Understanding of the M&E issues with respect to Improvements in quality integrated service and support programs;
- Demonstrated experience in managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this support (e.g. service integration, performance against each funding stream)
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project's activities and support project supervision; strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and program outcomes and impacts;
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
- Functional knowledge of SAS and STATA
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently
- Required level of proficiency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online