SoCha LLC is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) firm researching solutions to the world’s most intractable challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius – an IT hub for the Global South. SoCha is structured to provide same-day responsiveness to our client’s in Africa and Asia, as well as provide thought leadership for strategy development, program design, and management in underdeveloped operating environments.
Since opening in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged MEL services provider that advances innovative methodologies changing the way donors and implementers apply solutions to social challenges.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor
- SoCha LLC is preparing a submission for the USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity.
- This activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaborating, and adapting.
- The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) to be launched in the summer/fall of 2020. The MEL Support activity will provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, facilitation of organizational learning and adaptation initiatives, and short-term technical assistance.
- Contractors are strongly encouraged to partner with Nigerian organizations, companies, research institutes, and/or academic institutions to achieve the goals and carry out the activities described herein.
- The objective of MEL Support Activity is to supplement and strengthen the Mission’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning capacity to enhance programmatic outcomes and comply with USAID policies and directives.
The Monitoring Advisor will:
- Oversee and guide the daily field support service requests (monitoring, DQAs, rapid feedback assessments) from the Mission.
- In close collaboration with the Learning/Institutional Capacity Advisor, and MEL Specialist backstops for each of the Mission’s technical offices, the Monitoring Advisor will ensure that the MEL related needs of the Mission are met.
- Oversee enhancements to the Monitor® system, ensuring that the system serves as a resource and management tool especially for the Mission’s CORs.
Management of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Tasks:
- Support objective leads in delivering tasks for clients across a) performance monitoring support, b) evaluation support services, c) data management support, d) capacity building/ strengthening services and e) collaborating, learning and adaptive management
- In coordination with relevant objective lead, lead on executing task activities for client
- Assist USAID and its implementing partners to develop MEL plans
- Identify, define, and document performance indicators for common reporting
- Support and conduct (virtual) DQAs and site visits
- Review and provide feedback on evaluation statements of work
- Coordinate and participate on evaluations of USAID programs
- Conduct special studies, evaluations and assessments
- Assist in environmental mitigation and monitoring planning
- Identify secondary sources of data for evaluations and assessments
- Conduct analyses to inform strategy and project design
- Generate regular situational reports to inform implementation
- Participate in regular portfolio reviews
- Assist in developing and executing learning agendas
- Support the development and execution of MEL trainings
- Assist in logistical coordination of the MEL community of practice
- The tasks outlined above are indicative, but not exhaustive for the role and other tasks may be assigned by supervisor or his/her designee, and in coordination with supervisor and the COP.
- A minimum of a Master's Degree in Development, Evaluation, Development Analytics, Economics, Knowledge Management or related fields.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring and evaluation with monitoring and evaluation activities within complex international development contexts in one or more areas of Economic Growth and Environment, Education, HIV and TB, Health Population and Nutrition, Peace and Democratic Governance.
- 3+ years experience in design and monitoring of MEL frameworks
- Ability to conduct field work in areas with hardship conditions, in remote areas, for extended periods of time.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical background in cost-benefit analysis, econometric methodologies, or statistical systems.
- Excellent teamwork, inter-personal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- 3+ years demonstrative relevant experience working with USAID projects.
- Nigerian citizen/resident preferred.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online