Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant / Specialist at Network For Health Equity and Development
Network For Health Equity and Development (NHED) was created to serve as an alternative business platform to provide international level technical assistance in Health and Development in Nigeria, particularly in markets restricted to only indigenous organizations. As an affiliate of Health Partners International (HPI), both companies have a signed agreement with HPI to purchase and utilize all her standards for financial and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant / Specialist
Job type: Contract
Reports To: National Program Manager/Technical lead
- In line with our mandate, we are recruiting a suitable and qualified M&E specialist to oversee some of our ongoing nutrition projects in several northern states.
- The overall objective of this position is to support NHED to develop and operationalise a functional and comprehensive M&E for its nutrition projects with the aim of ensuring timely, informed and effective decision making.
- Identify gaps in the nutrition project M& E system and propose mechanisms for addressing these gaps.
- Facilitate the development of an M&E plan including; the identification of key indicators and development of an M&E framework, development of harmonised data collections tools, reporting mechanisms and indicator dashboard.
- Share the M&E framework and tools to get feedback and reach a consensus.
Scope of Work
Conduct a Gap Analysis:
- Review existing M&E systems, tools and indicators in use, identify sources of data already available and reporting templates.
- Propose strategies in consultation with the project M&E staff and advisors on methodology for data collection and analysis, reporting frequency, and institutional arrangements
Development of a nutrition M& E plan:
- Identify Key/relevant indicators for nutrition projects
- Develop an M&E framework
- Align M&E efforts to donor/client nutrition strategy
- Supervise and provide mentorship to staff.
- Support report writing and dissemination
- Develop harmonised data collection and reporting tools, processes and timelines
- Develop indicator dashboard to monitor progress
- Liaise with the Program Manager, project technical lead and M&E advisor on strategies to strengthen coordination between states.
- Facilitate the development of mechanisms for ensuring nutrition M&E issues are discussed during update meetings.
- Develop a learning platform to share lessons and best practices.
- Validation and Operationalisation of nutrition M&E plan including frameworks and tools.
- Established platform for the routine collection, analysis and use of nutrition data by project staff.
- Indicator dashboard developed and staff trained on its use
- Platform established to report on key indicators and data collected via the M & E system.
- Key stakeholders meetings scheduled to discuss routine data collected via M & E system - Enhanced use of data and knowledge to improve project outcomes
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-graduate level qualification in Nutrition, Public Health or any other related field(s).
- At least 6 years of professional experience in Nutrition Information Management at local and international levels.
- Strong analytical thinking and excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work confidently across a variety of stakeholders and levels
- Strong communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Experience with working in a team-based environment that require a grasp of cross-functional subject matters.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory; fluency in Hausa will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of Nigeria nutrition landscape and programmes and related sectors.
- Proven experience (from previous similar assignments) in the development of M&E plans, tools and frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in research methodologies, statistics, data collection and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to develop data collection tools, conduct assessments and analyze data and write reports.
- The Consultant is expected to travel to project states to meet with state teams, and participate in meetings and provide mentorship.
- Travel costs under this consultancy will be covered by NHED according to its Standard Operating Procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Up-to-date CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NHED is committed to the fundamental principles of equal employment opportunity
Application Deadline 10th January, 2022.