We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Manager
Start date: As soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- The M&E Deputy Manager will support the M&E Manager to ensure effective management and implementation of monitoring and evaluation component of all programs and projects, both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency in project deliverables.
- The M&E Deputy Manager will also support the monitoring of all grant activities. S/he will provide support to the M&E teams to conduct needs assessments to identify necessary changes and future opportunities, conduct assessments, baseline, midline and end-line surveys, post-distribution monitoring surveys, Knowledge Attitude and Practice surveys and perform continuous activity monitoring to identify bottlenecks, lessons and opportunities for programming. The role will closely work the M&E officers and assistants to provide support to all humanitarian projects.
- The M&E Deputy Manager will support M&E Manager and project managers for reporting and contributes to the learning process through documentation of case studies and success stories. the M&E Deputy Manager will also provide and hock support in management and administration of the electronic cash platform (Redrose) when necessary.
- Support the operationalization of M&E systems for ACF programs to ensure compliance with donor ACT M&E standards.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the already set up M&E systems to guide project start-up, implementation adjustment, accountability and learning in compliance with ACF's M&E Guidelines and Minimum Requirements for M&E
- Support develop ToRs and data collection tools for surveys, needs assessments, mid-term and project reviews/evaluations
- In collaboration with the M&E HOD or regional M&E coordinator and field teams, lead in the preparation of comprehensive M&E plans for each project to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting
- Provide feedback to program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the timely and accurate acquisition, aggregation and analysis of information in programs
- Promote in all projects the use of participatory data collection techniques involving beneficiaries, institutions and partners in the process
- Operationalize the use of mobile data collection system and other technologies to strengthen monitoring and reporting of activities
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of ACF M&E tools, activities, and reporting in support of the M&E teams.
- Collaborate with PMs and M&E staff to ensure standardized, high-quality M&E tools are developed and rolled out for each project
- Define sampling and assessment methodologies
- Undertake regular site visit and periodically monitor the design and execution of surveys and other assessment, case studies, and accountability mechanisms
- Support the analysis of M&E data of different projects as needed through Excel, SPSS, or other statistical software and as well validate all assessment reports
- Work closely with other technical staff in order to agree on the scope of mapping, define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, and participate in undertaking mapping
- Support development and revision of internal and external reports, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and that reports reflect an actual representation of field implementation activities and result based on M&E findings
- To build the capacity of staff M&E through trainings, mentorships and coaching to ensure quality control of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support M&E Manager to build the capacity of staff on the logical framework, M&E plans donor M&E guidelines and data gathering, data management, data analysis and reporting to ensure results- based management
- On the job training to staff in activity planning, monitoring and Evaluation and Information Management systems
- Support M&E Manager to build the capacity of Monitoring and Evaluation staff to analyze & disseminate regional data and conduct quality audits as well as program staff to conceptualize the use of MIS data to influence programmatic decisions
- Contribute to the appraisal of M&E staff required by ACF guidelines and ensure proper adequate training is carried out in view of career development and Mission Training Plans
- Provide effective, constructive supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation deputy manager, officers and assistants while strengthening their skills and capacity
- To ensure capitalization, learning and reporting of all projects activities in the mission.
- Support M&E Manager in providing feedback to the senior management team at the base level on standard indicators of all sectors
- Support M&E Manager to organize and coordinate mid-term reviews, learning workshop/review of program work plans with program team at field level and other stakeholders
- Support the review documentation of project activities with a clear articulation of lessons learned, case studies and short articles for each project for internal and external sharing. Coordinate and share learning related to M&E practices at the base level
- With support from M&E manager, institutionalize and document the tracking and implementation of lessons learnt and recommendations from all assessments conducted
- Advise and update the Project Managers on all aspect of M&E regularly, including findings and recommendations
Ensure that lessons in planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and impact assessment are documented, shared and considered in the design of new projects and technical plans and are discussed during periodic program reviews and ultimately fed into current work and future program development.
- To represent the organization at the National level and promote ACF's technical viewpoints, guidelines and methods of work.
- To represent ACF at the state level and where appropriate, cluster, working groups, workshops and strategic think tanks related to the department
- To proactively collaborate with national authorities, ACF counterparts and staff, partner agencies and consortia/alliances/partnerships;
- To ensure coherent and correct application of ACF guidelines policies within the M&E department and across the organization
- Provide feedback to technical reports from MIS on Red Rose platform and ensure issues arising are documented and shred rapidly for action
- Provide feedback to technical reports from CRM officer in the management of the Feedback Mechanism for all ACF humanitarian projects when required
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and is responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
- The employee should be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work/activities
- The employee is expected to conduct all duties in a professional manner following ACF Nigeria mission staff regulations and charter
- In collaboration with M&E manager (line manager)
- In coordination with program managers
- In technical coordination with regional M&E coordinator or M&E HOD (technical supervisors)
- National governmental and non-governmental partners: exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on the choice of technical options
- Local and regional representatives of NGOs and INGOs: exchange of information
- Donor representatives
- Cluster and other coordination forums
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, Statistics, Demography or a related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management)
- Proven experience in a technical advisory role in monitoring and result management
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitive data management techniques including proficient and skilful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info software's
- Experience on project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on activity monitoring, data management including data collection, analysis and storage
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including those of donors
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to remote field sites
- Experience in insecure context
- Experience in conflict-related displacements and nutrition crisis contexts
- Familiarity with emergency donors (OFD, ECHO,UN, DFID, FFP…) reporting and regulations
- Experience with the market-based emergency response (ex. Cash Transfer, EMMA…)
- Understanding of Social Behaviour Change and nutrition-sensitive programming.
Minimum Monthly Basic Salary: NGN 308,589 per month
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should :
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.