Micro & Food Safety Specialist at Anheuser-Busch InBev
AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Micro & Food Safety Specialist
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Opportunity exists for highly skilled and result driven Micro & Food Safety Specialist in our Plant located in South-South Nigeria.
- The Quality Specialists will ensure the continuous improvement of process and product quality.
- Manage brewery Food Safety standards and specifications, ensure implementation of optimal brewery wide microbiological standards and work practices to ensure compliance to microbiological processes, food safety standards and product specifications.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the job holder will:
- Implement safety, health/environmental procedures and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards Communicate Process and Product Quality Information
- Improve quality compliance and management on site and reduce reputational risks for the site
- Provide Leadership to Ensure Commitment to Product Quality
- Optimise Availability of Measuring Equipment and Test Samples
- Identify Problems or Potential problems and Facilitate Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Contribute to Team and Self Development
- Manage QC administration and conform to value chain requirements
- Ensure that equipment is calibrated and is functioning as per original standard.
- Achieve VPO targets and Quality KPI and PI targets for the site
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of B.Sc. or HND in Food Science and Technology, Microbiology, or other Science related disciplines.
- 2-4 years hands-on experience in similar role in a reputable organisation, preferably in an FMCG environment.
- A high degree of commercial acumen, as well as supervisory, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of the principles and practices of Manufacturing Excellence
- Computer literacy is an advantage
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure Assertive and analytical
- Acts with integrity with keen eye for detail and a result-driven approach
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
- Excellent abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- Strong Analytical problem-solving Skills
- Good interpersonal skills / builds good relationships