Medical Officer at American Cancer Hospital
American Cancer Hospital is a visionary project of IHC (International Healthcare Consulting) in the US. The Board consists of Prominent Medical Professionals and business folks dedicated to the development of high-quality healthcare facilities. In 2016, a new door opened up in Imo State, Nigeria where the Local Government had built a number of hospitals. Three of these hospital buildings were offered as lease to International Healthcare Consulting (IHC) to develop medical services in Imo state.
IHC is expected to equip and man the hospitals and develop critical essential medical services in the state. To carry out this work, a locally registered entity has been formed as Imo International Health Systems (IIHS). While establishing basic medical services it became apparent that Nigeria had been left behind in a very important aspect of healthcare - Cancer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
Employment Type: Full-time
Provide Primary Care Services as follows:
- Urgent medical services (including resuscitation, stabilization and assessment and diagnosis, treatment and referral as necessary);
- All patient consultations must be accurately recorded in the clinical patient notes/PMSwithin 24 hours of seeing the patient.
- Enter all patients information into the PMS system in anaccurate, appropriate and in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Assess the urgency and severity of presenting problems through history taking, examination and investigation.
- Recommending and, where appropriate, undertaking treatment options and carrying out/referring for appropriate interventions and procedures, including but not limited to prescribing, minor surgery and other general practice procedures, counselling, psychological interventions, advising and education.
- Referral for diagnostic, therapeutic and support services as required.
- MBBS with a minimum of 2 years post graduation experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 20th August, 2022.