Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required (fixed term contract) for the malaria peak
Using Patient-Centered-Care framework to provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients / beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients / beneficiary’s health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to prevent, diagnose and treat medical conditions using patient centered care approach.
- Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Active participation in the weekly presentations of medical topics for continous medical education
- Active participation in the mortality reviews and case presentations.
- Ensuring knowledge of updated MSF protocols, policies and guidelines
- Active participation in other project activities and meetings.
- Participate in on-job medical and other medical related trainings.
- Follows the referral procedure, adhering to MSF referral guidelines, and validating all referrals with the medical activity manager
- Participate in the morning medical meeting and ensure handover is done before leaving the service.
- Ensure investigation results are followed up in a timely manner.
- Participate to the development of reforms in working strategies.
Medical Doctor Diploma; Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine
- 2 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor/General practitioner in clinical work (consultations, admissions, ward rounds, lab tests request and results interpretation).
- Desirable in tropical medicine, experience in pediatrics (Triage, Resuscitation, ICU, IPD, SAM, Infectious Diseases).
English and Hausa.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results and Teamwork.
Monthly Gross salary according to MSFF salary scale, plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- For all experience and diplomas mentioned in the CV, the originals (work certificate, birth certificate, school certificate, ID card etc.) will be requested during the interview
- All referees should be from your previous work place
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discrimination on the basis of Gender, Religion, Race.