Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards to the people of Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with 6 healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospitals accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2014, and 2017. This is a guarantee of safe and quality healthcare that meets international standards. Recently, Lagoon Hospitals received her Certificate of Re-accreditation from JCI.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Administrator
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Medical Director, iKOYI
Supervises: Medical Officers, Care coordinator, and other support staff at the hospital location
- This role is responsible to the Medical Director for the Supervision of clinical tasks within the service which are essential to the effective provision of quality care to patients and their families.
Summary of Responsibilities
- A Medical Administrator will handle administrative duties by coordinating and managing activities within the hospital and overseeing the medical team.
- He/she will manage daily operations and ensures the delivery of best services while ensuring excellent patient experience across all offerings within the hospital’s facility.
- Oversight responsibility for smooth clinical operation of the hospital on a daily basis.
- Maintain a consistent level of quality of care offered to patients.
- Take responsibility for good relationship with all visiting consultants.
- Ensure hospital is in compliance with policies and regulatory requirements (federal, state and local laws).
- Monitor training and development of clinical staff.
- Liaise and work with clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients.
- Timely resolution of grievances.
- Champions quality improvement in the facility
- Other Duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Director and Medical Director of the Facility.
- Internal: All clinic staff
- External: Patients, Clients, community, regulators.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Medical/Clinical field (MBBS)
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration / Public Administration / Public Health/ healthcare administration will be an added advantage.
- Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, with a valid medical practicing license.
- 5-6 years clinical experience with 1-2 years in a team leadership role.
- Certifications/Trainings in customer service, relationship management, and business analysis are desired.
- Basic Life Support skills and sound medical knowledge
- Excellent documentation and communication skills with IT skills required for the use of EMR and Microsoft Office packages.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Health sector and the peculiarities of the private sector including managed healthcare.
- Support and supervisory skills Team Building and Leadership, Problem Solving, Quality Assurance Management, SOP Implementation,
- Organizational, reporting and presentation skills.
- Attention to Details and Emotional Intelligence.
Application Closing Date
19th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: