MEAL Manager at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: MEAL Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Experience Level: Experienced
Direct Line Manager: Deputy MEAL HOD
Proposed Start Date: October 2021
- We are looking for a MEAL Manager who will be responsible for effective management and implementation of monitoring and evaluation component of all programs and projects, both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency in project deliverables.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the already setup MEAL systems to guide project start-up, implementation, adjustment, accountability and learning in compliance with ACF’s MEAL Guidelines and Minimum Requirements for MEAL.
- In collaboration with the MEAL HOD and DHOD and field teams, lead in the preparation of comprehensive M&E plans for each project to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting.
- Support MEAL HOD and DHODs in ensuring that lessons in planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and impact assessment are documented, shared and considered in the design of new projects and technical plans and are discussed during periodic program reviews and ultimately fed into current work and future program development.
- To supervise and plan the kick off meeting with community at the beginning of the project cycle with support of Knowledge Management officer.
- To support program teams with the data collection and analysis of the needs assessment for the community engagement.
- Support the MIS officer for the operationalization of the use of mobile data collection systems and other technologies to strengthen monitoring and reporting of activities.
- Work closely with other technical staff in order to agree on the scope of mapping, define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, and participate in undertaking mapping.
- Provide feedback to program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the timely and accurate acquisition, aggregation and analysis of information in programs.
- Develop monthly workplan for MEAL field team and ensure timely sharing with MEAL technical team.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills) Fluency in local language (especially Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri, both written and spoken skills).
Salary & Other Benefits
- N718, 840 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
Application Deadline 14th October, 2021.