The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Marketing Manager -Stills
Job ID: R-36309
Job Description Summary
- Responsible for achieving volume and share targets for assigned projects by creating and executing the category management plans; develops category or channel merchandising and promotions strategies with marketing and sales teams; develops sales materials tailored to brand, account or channel; responsible for category analysis and the on-time delivery of promotional materials. Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control rather than development; short-term operational/tactical responsibilities.
The Stills & VEB Marketing Team is a critical link in developing WABU’s Strategic Pillar – Winning with Stills, in line with the Coca-Cola’s Global High-Performing Marketing Organization strategy for its Total Beverage Portfolio, covering key Stills Beverage categories across Juice, Dairy, Hydration, Tea, Coffee & Energy. As part of this team, the position is entrusted to:
- Participate in the development & execution of marketing strategies & plans for brands in the Stills category to maximise long-term volume & profit flow and increase the long-term value of the brands.
- Be responsible for Stills Category Brands’ P&L & Brand Health, accountable for delivering GP, DME, Brand Contribution, BLS goals, managing the set up and day-to-day execution of brand plans, recommending and implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside to optimize effectiveness and ensure achievement of targets.
- Build and nurture the product portfolio for the Stills business
- Nurture an effective working relationship with Franchises/Divisions/SBUs/SMEs and Global, supporting service units and the Bottler(s) leading to proper development & execution of marketing strategies & plan
- Work on development of long term portfolio strategy for the Stills category & brands for the BU. Ensure development & maintenance of brand equity in all initiatives; Participate in SBP process, develop and communicate the Annual Brand Plan in line with the ABP Process;
- Communicate and drive Strategy across the Division; Challenge all aspects of the marketing mix in terms of understanding and awareness of consumer & customer trends and their impact on brand strategy and plans;
- Manage brand as a business in terms of drivers, opportunities and return;
- Use financial & research insights to make principle based strategic decisions which benefit the Division;
- Align strategy (with all key stakeholders, including bottlers) across the Division to ensure value for the system;
- Maintain the integrity of the brand/trademarks; participate in implementing a robust S&I framework for the Stills categories and business.
Deliver Business Results:
- Develop and manage brand in keeping with strategic direction; Establish and drive brand volume, share, and profit objectives; Anticipate situations and develop approaches that maximise the business opportunities; Integrate all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within consistent overall brand plans, including Division and SBU Specialist Support teams;
- Define & monitor marketing DME requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements;
- Ensure all brand strategic and tactical plans are consistent with SBU deliverables and business objectives;
- Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all brand initiatives across the Stills Business/ Franchise;
- Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across Division/SBU;
- Provide support to countries/territories/clusters in planning & implementation; apply all agreed KO Marketing Process and Procedures; Track and analyse brand performance and initiatives.
Category & Product Management:
- Custodian of the category & product development initiatives – as applicable for the Stills portfolio, including new product development & product re- engineering, in consultation with internal & external stakeholders.
- Systems Alignment & Project Management: Build Franchise & Bottler commitment to the annual marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives; Develop with the Bottler, through marketing & franchise operations teams, effective implementation plans for all marketing activities;
- Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments).
- 10 years of Brand Marketing experience in an FMCG environment. Experience of managing people will be beneficial
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred
- Has worked most of his/her career in collaborative working situation, in which different view points from a range of stakeholders is necessary.
- Travel requirements: 20%
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Coca-Cola career website on coke.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply