Manufacturing Development Manager at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice - whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manufacturing Development Manager
Reports To: IWS Manager
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The individual supports and coordinates activities concerned with continuous improvement across operations, supporting deployment and execution of key improvement projects through rigorous application of RTT / IWS tools.
- Most individual’s time will be spent working with the teams and building the capability of the people.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Leads and completes projects as assigned
- Conducts loss analysis and networks with internal/external stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities
- Eliminate losses using IWS tools and coaches’ necessity for the use of UPS, including 6W2H
- Lead organization through IWS Phase journey
- On the floor coaching of equipment owners o Perform hands-on coaching (actual usage) on the 8 RTT DMS’s
- Execute weekly Health Checks, identifying gaps in system, and implementing appropriate countermeasures
- Coach the use of standard work to eliminate non-value-added work, including coaching the link to effort reduction
- Supports the acceleration of pillar capability development for the organization’s employees
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- At least 2 years’ experience in a production environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach individually or in small groups/teams, manage projects (multiple projects) and apply conflict management skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Capable of managing a diverse range of initiatives and work with a diverse workforce.
- Manufacturing environment knowledge & continuous improvement knowledge and experience required
- Microsoft Office – intermediate knowledge
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply