9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Billing
Location : Lagos
- This role provides oversight and governance of the Convergent Billing System (CBS) support covering all environments; Production, Test and Disaster Recovery to ensure adequate maintenance, operation and improvement of the entire CBS components and related software stack to achieve the required quality of service and service levels.
Strategic / Tactical:
- Participate and contribute to the development and maintenance of the IT Strategy and IT Operating model
- Define and enforce IT Convergent Billing System and Operations related processes and procedures
- Provide input on Convergent Billing Operations to other relevant IT processes and procedures
- Responsible for policy, processes and systems involved in inter-connect billing and roaming service from IT standpoint
- Provides advisory services to IT Senior Management Convergent Billing services, solutions and operations
- Support BSS/OSS architecture design and optimization
- Support project planning and execution within BSS/OSS domain
- Drive continual enhancements and improvements to the Convergent Billing System and processes for business benefits
- Guide IT to optimal value creation using trending, analysis and benchmarking capabilities
- Drive for the attainment of agreed service levels Convergent Billing Operations related KPIs
- Liaise with revenue management in ensuring business revenue is secure with appropriate interventions where there are business exposures
- Support Performance Management unit in contract management, vendor management & Service Level Management related to Convergent Billing Operations services.
- Provide oversight function for the Convergent Billing System operations and support
- Manage the monitoring of CBS related application services for availability, performance in line with agreed Service Levels, overall health check of underlying system processes, capacity in line with licensing and business requirements, batch jobs monitoring/management.
- Manage trend analysis, root cause analysis, known error establishment, and creation of Change Requests, Incidents and Problem tracking and escalation, resolution and closure, user administration, License Management & Administration and service reporting.
- Accountable and responsible for managing post-paid billing operation ensuring customers gets accurate bills timely on an ongoing basis
- Drive regular health check service to provides comprehensive CBS application status information to aid the identification of potential issues and bottlenecks and forestall any events that may affect the availability, performance, and security of the application
- Manage the analysis and diagnosis of the resource utilization trends and problems associated with the application processes and tuning the CBS application environment, collaborating with IT Performance & Capacity Management functions to achieve and/or maintain the agreed Service Levels
- Ensure proper documentation of the CBS application operating environments and storage into the knowledge management system for purposes of knowledge sharing and business continuity
- Manage the inquiry and request handling service in fulfilling standard and ad-hoc service requests
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop and periodically update a standard recovery procedure for operation to follow when a disaster occurs.
- Ensure the adequacy of the standby Disaster Recovery (DR) infrastructure of the Convergent Billing System to either maintain operation functions at an interim minimal survival level and/or re-establish full scale operations at a state of normal operation level if possible
- Support the periodic disaster recovery drills for services involving the CBS as planned and executed by the Business Continuity team
- Ensure all system and non-system processes required to guarantee a successful transfer of services between primary and DR sites are operational and working as planned
- Implement a system to validate the integrity of replication and all GDR processes/services between the primary and DR sites and provide weekly reports to IT Management.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Strong customer-centricity is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of combined experience work experience in Convergent billing & Postpaid billing operations with role no less than half of those in an IT/Telecoms environment is strongly required.
- At least 3 year experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience with IT financial management, resource planning, task prioritization, budget / cost control. Strong ability to process data and extract actionable insights
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, IT sourcing, vendor management and the mobile telecommunications industry; possess a broad-based operational perspective and provides solutions.
- Experience in working / negotiating through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Good knowledge of IT Service Management in general and IT Operations specifically is required.
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), solid team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent relationship management skills and the ability to drive performance, consensus from all areas within the company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online