- Company: Andela Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Nigeria
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Machine Learning Engineering Lead
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
About the Role
- Andela’s two-sided marketplace is a multifaceted hub of experienced talent and leading companies with exciting challenges related to pricing, matching, marketplace health, go-to-market campaigns, and many others.
- Data Science (DS) is a key weapon at Andela to attack these problems. We employ a wide variety of approaches including but not limited to system dynamics and simulation, machine learning (ML) on both structured and unstructured data, recommendation algorithms, and combinatorial optimization.
- The ML Engineering Lead at Andela will take primary ownership of deploying all ML and DS algorithms on Andela’s product marketplace.
- You will be defining solution architecture and playing an active role in algorithm deployment with a razor-sharp focus on minimizing latency, managing computation resources effectively and guiding the execution of this model in collaboration with the Andela data, engineering and product teams.
- Work with the Principal Data Scientist, product managers and platform engineers to identify the right delivery approach for algorithms.
- Develop ML Architecture for each solution to meet product and system performance requirements.
- Deploy the solution in production in collaboration with the data, engineering and product teams and build appropriate monitoring systems.
- Graduate Degree (MS / Ph.D.) in Engineering / Information Systems / Applied Science.
- High fluency in ML algorithms and other data science approaches.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience deploying algorithms in production for impactful B2B and/or B2C products.
- Flexibility in working with a variety of data science approaches.
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented languages such as Python or Java.
- Experience with cloud-based environments such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela.
Application Closing Date