- Company: Nicole Sinclair
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
Nicole Sinclair – Our clients Aura Trust Loss Adjusters located in Lagos is seeking to hire a candidates. A Loss Adjuster is to investigate insurance Claims on behalf of the insurer once they reach a certain size.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Loss Adjuster
Location : Lagos
- Investigate and process insurance claims filed by policyholders.
- Interview claimant and witnesses to gather pertinent information.
- Handle and process a variety of claims, including automobile, life, and home insurance claims.
- Handle property claims involving damage to buildings and structures, or liability claims involving personal injuries or third-person property damage from liability situations, such as motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, or alleged negligent behavior.
- Inspect property damage to determine the extent of damages.
- Verify that coverage applies through an insurance policy.
- Evaluate damages to ascertain compensation amount.
- Consult police and hospital records.
- Consult with accountants, architects, construction workers, engineers, lawyers, and physicians to get expert evaluation.
- Examine photographs and statements.
- Listen to or watch audio or video surveillance.
- Record data and statements in the report.
- Evaluate all information to determine how the claim should be handled.
- Negotiate with the claimant to settle the claim.
- Work with attorneys to defend the insurer’s position is claim is contested.
- Issue payout amounts.
- Prepare and present claims to insurance companies
- OND in Insurance Management
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills in order to bring a claim to a conclusion
- Strong Oral and Written Skills
- Research, investigation and analytical skills
- Diplomacy, negotiation and influencing skills
- Customer Service
- Claim Handling
- Claims Adjuster experience
- Project management skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Strong commercial awareness
- Integrity and professionalism
- A flexible approach to work
- The ability to remain calm in difficult circumstances
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2020.
How to Apply