- Company: Cummins Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Nigeria
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Specialist
Req ID.: 22000507
Location: Lagos Island, DBU Alausa – Lagos
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type: Office
Organization: Distribution Business
- We are looking for a talented Logistics Specialist to join our team specializing in supply chain planning for our distribution business segment in Lagos, Nigeria.
In this role, the candidate will make an impact in the following ways:
- Accountable for assigned customer accounts for the entire order life cycle (from new customer set-up, order entry/modification, escalations; duties might include logistics management) to ensure orders are shipped to subscribed deadline.
- Act as the single-point-of-contact to Cummins’ customers, parts distribution centers and/or manufacturing plants and cross functional departments to process and fulfil customer orders; providing accurate documentation and continual communication to customer throughout the process.
- Ensures customers comply with import and export polices and ensures required import and export/shipping documentation is compiled to the relevant legislation.
- Updating Shipment tracker on shared drive with the information on the new orders for parts Filter engines, radiators and other parts from Belgium and other foreign suppliers for DBU and CESN business unit
- Providing Insurance certificate for very new PFI for form M processing. Request sent to SCIB the insurance broker.
- Applying for form M import license on the Single window trade portal provided by the CBN and NCS; and initiate Trade compliance certificate renewal. (SONCAP, MAN Customs concession letter etc. Save all shipping documents).
To be successful in this role the candidate will need the following:
- Degree in related field preferred with 2 plus years of relevant customer order management, account management or in the supply chain field.
- Good communication abilities, work ethic and computer skills with the ability to use office applications (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to pay attention to details, self-accountability and 3PL management
- Possess strong communications, relationships or interactions between people, organization and conflict resolution abilities.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
- As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
Health & Wellness:
- Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
- Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
- You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
Diversity & Inclusion:
- We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
- Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
Every Employee, Every Community:
- You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
Development and Growth:
- You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Application Closing Date