Logistics Assistant - GS6 at World Health Organization (WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant - GS6
Reference No: 2107033
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organisation: AF_NGA Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 months
Under the overall supervision of the Operations Officer and the functional guidance of the Technical Officer for Operations, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
- Maintain an up-to-date record of all EPI fixed assets and attractive items. Supervise physical verification of fixed assets and generate collated quarterly reports from zonal logistics assistants. Maintain custody of fixed assets barcodes and accept assets in GSM while barcoding. Generate annual fixed assets movement cards based on the WHO e-manual XIII.2.
- Regularly assess logistics needs for zonal and state offices and summarize recommendations for implementation.
- Prepare a monthly report to the Operations Officer on Logistic activities across the country including fixed assets, facilities maintenance and movement of stocks, office consumables and office equipment.
- Prepare monthly inventory report with indicative analysis giving recommendations on need for replacement and/or purchase of additional equipment.
- Provide logistics support for upcoming logistics requirements as may be required.
- Provide guidance on handling of nonfunctional equipment and assist with arrangements for proper disposal.
- Conduct logistics function at the country office pertaining to office and official residences maintenance and management. Follow-up with relevant Government counterpart for transactions relating to the premises.
- Support verification of radio and satellite communication equipment for tracking and billing in close consultation with radio room and radio technicians.
- Liaise regularly with zonal and state offices to monitor operations activities and report on vehicle, staff movement, facilities maintenance and security related matters from zones.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor
- Essential: Completion of Secondary Education; preferably supplemented by a technical/self-studies in logistics management.
- Desirable: University Degree or its equivalent in Engineering or Management science.
- Essential: At least 8 years working experience in operations and logistics with a complex and diverse work environment, preferably an international organization.
- Desirable: At least 2 years' experience in inventory and warehouse management.
- English expert level required.
- Work requires the use of word processing or other software packages, and standard office equipment. Formal or self-training in the use of standard office software.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Producing results
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Very good understanding of operations and logistics in a complex work environment.
- Excellent knowledge of fixed asset management .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings
Application Deadline 23rd December, 2021 (11:59 PM)