Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR –TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is looking for qualified persons to fill up the position below:
Job Title: Linkage Coordinator
Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to L under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme in 20 LGAs of Lagos state (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin, Mushin, Kosofe, Ikorodu Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Relate with the PMVs, CPs and Private Health Facilities in their domain.
- Conduct Community health promotion and education towards demand creation.
- Escort presumptive identify by PMVs and CPs to DOT for sample collection or (where applicable with IC Knowledge) Collect samples from identified client of the PMVs and CPs
- Transfer specimen to the laboratory for tests
- Link positive cases to treatment at the nearest DOTS centres
- Provide treatment supporting services to identified cases.
- Assist in defaulter tracking of TB patients.
- Support active contact tracing for diagnosed TB patient- (using SOP on contact tracing)
- Collate the PMVs and CPs data on monthly basis and prepare their payment voucher.
- Report weekly and monthly using the summary form to the DOTs officer, TBLS and DFB
- Perform other roles as can be assigned by the CTS with directive from DFB.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc. / B.A Degree in relevant field with at least 1 year work experience in a similar role OR OND/NCE in Sciences/JCHEW/CHEW with more than 3 years' work experience in a similar role
- Previous leadership experience in a related role will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Computer literacy with knowledge in Microsoft office package.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
Not more than 40 years.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.