Job Title: Lead Health Financing Advisor
- The Health Financing Lead will serve as the strategic thought leader providing senior advisory support to key government leaders and institutions leading healthcare financing reforms at the federal and state levels towards achieving universal health coverage in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will lead the provision of technical assistance support to federal and state agencies implementing health financing reform; provide technical oversight and input on the development of evidence generation and analytical activities that support the implementation of social health insurance schemes. The position supervises health finanance advisors in five northern states.
- Lead the development and implementation of technical assistance, and capacity building support related to domestic resource mobilization, pooling, resource allocation and strategic purchasing to federal partners.
- Lead and coordinate project activities that support the development financing strategies for Universal healthcare by the Government of Nigeria.
- Lead and facilitate broad-based engagement with stakeholders supporting broad health financing reform activities at the federal level.
- Participate in technical working group activities and other stakeholder forums on health financing activities at FMOH, SHIS, and NHIS.
- Provide technical oversight of state-based health financing reform activities supported by the project.
- Provide technical input and quality assurance support on the development of analytic and evidence generation products to support the design of demand side financing options.
- Ensure financial sustainability and viability of the project through budget oversight and on-time completion of project activities.
- Master's degree in Health Economics, or Public Health with a health financing focus.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in health financing and health economics.
- Proficiency in STATA/SAS or another statistics software is highly desirable, or may be substituted by exceptional command of Excel.
- Fluent command of English.
- Strong and compelling written/verbal communication skills and ability to develop and give high impact presentations.
- Track record of leading and conducting research activities including quantitative and qualitative analyses, developing high impact and high visibility technical reports, and policy briefs and presentations.
- Proven experience working with a variety of stakeholders implementing health reforms globally and in Nigeria, and in the northern states preferred.
- Experience working with the Federal Ministry of Health and its agencies, donor and implementing agencies.
- Experience and knowledge of the Basic Healthcare Provision Fund.
- Experience working on large scale, multi-partner, donor funded and/or government projects in Nigeria, and in the Northern states is highly desired.
- Relevant work experience in a research institution, government, bilateral or multilateral development agency, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank.
- Experience supporting the development of demand side financing reform activities.
- Familiarity with existing regulations and framework around health care financing reform in northern states, as well as nationally is a plus.
- Experience leading a diverse technical team located in different geographical regions.
- Ability and willingness to work and travel to fragile states as needed.
4th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Resume with a Cover Letter which should include their desired salary and location to us at: Jobs@hrsng.com referencing Vacancy "LHFA" in the subject line.
Note: Only candidates we deem qualified will be contacted. All selected candidates will be required to successfully complete a comprehensive and thorough background check, before employment commences.