Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Facilitator
Delta, Gombe, Kano, Kwara and Ogun
Employment Type: Temporary
- The Community Pharmacies (CPs) are among the most accessible health care professionals. They provide a unique opportunity for mentoring the Proprietary Patent Medicine Vendors (PPMVs).
- The PPMVs are primarily the first point of call for the poor and vulnerable in hard-to reach rural and semi urban areas. However, there is a need to support the PPMVs to improve the quantity and quality of their services and the reporting of data.
- Idmibok International is looking to hire a Pharmaceutical Facilitator in each of these states, Kano, Kwara, Gombe, Delta and Ogun. The Pharmaceutical Facilitator will coordinate the recruitment and mentoring of 150 CPs / PPMVs per senatorial zone to gain the knowledge and skills they need to drive their testing, treatment and reporting. This will last for 15 months, with a possibility of an extension. This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on.
- Recruit 450 CPs / PPMVs in the state
- Conduct capacity building workshops for the recruited CPs/PPMVs
- Coordinate hand-on mentoring, routine workshops and business support for the CPs and PPMVs to drive their testing, treatment and reporting
- Conduct data monitoring on the activities from the CPs/PPMVs
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of CPs and PPMVs services through Data Quality Assurance and Quality of Care (DAQ & QoC)
Required Skills and Experience
- Ideally a Pharmacist / Pharmacist Technician
- Technical knowledge of malaria-based assignments
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in projects involving Malaria case management
- Experience conducting capacity building sessions for community pharmacies and PPMVs
- Experience in conducting large, national-level surveys.
- Experience of working with the NMEP or Pharmacists Council of Nigeria
- History of previous assignments looking to improve service delivery in the last 10 years.
- Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills .
- Ability to comply with the estimated project timelines and workdays.
Job Title: Proposal Writer – HIV / AIDS & TB
Employment Type: Temporary
- The Proposal Writer will lead technical proposal writing for a HIV/AIDS and TB focused project in Nigeria.
- He/She will contribute strong technical content for the proposal which involves the indication of efforts to increase resiliency, responsiveness and accountability of the Health System; increasing the quality of HIV/AIDS/TB Services with focus on HIV Case Finding and Linkage (HTS), pediatric/adolescent and adult care and treatment. This is a remote position.
- Work with the New Business Advisor to develop detailed timeline for proposal writing and review to address key proposals requirements in line with donor’s guidelines and templates.
- Draft full proposal package on patient-centered model of community and facility-based care that facilitate immediate initiation of ART, retention in care, and rapid/sustained viral suppression.
- Develop activity plans and inputs to the budgets development processes which will be led by the proposal development team.
- Prepare the proposals documents for submission.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Laboratory Sciences and other medical sciences
- 5+ years of technical expertise and experience in health systems strengthening projects with focus on HIV/AIDS and TB
- Prior experience working on HIV care and treatment and PMTCT projects in Nigeria would be ideal.
- Experience in developing winning proposals for large-scale programmes.
- Experience working with laboratory (PCR) facilities in Nigeria.
- Previous experience with data reporting and SOP development for health systems strengthening projects.
- Ability to comply with the estimated timelines and workdays.
- Available to start work immediately.
- The Proposal Writer should be able to provide technical inputs on HIV differentiated models of care that can be utilizable and sustainable in Nigeria, which would encourage private sector participation.
- He/She should be knowledgeable and provide technical insight and inputs on PMTCT, pediatric and adolescent care and treatment on this proposal.
- S/he should also be aware of the HIV care and treatment challenges present in Nigeria and offer best solutions on how to provide targeted solutions to each cluster.
Duration and Availability
- The consultant should be available for this effort from 3rd May-10th May, 2021. All final deliverables shall be submitted to the Proposal Development Team as agreed in a schedule presented to the selected consultant. The consultancy fee will cover 1 FTE per day.
Deadline: 9th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter (addressing previous related work, including 2 reference contacts- stating name, position, email, organization, address, telephone and relationship and daily rate), Passport photograph, and 3 written reports on past assignments looking to improve service delivery to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Consultants from and living in Nigeria would be preferred.