Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, an Educational Institution in the Eastern part of Nigeria is looking to recruit highly qualified professionals for the role below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist / Scientist
- Manages laboratories and ensures that the right equipment's, tools, chemicals are adequately stocked and kept in working conditions.
- Also responsible for providing guidance to students on how to use laboratory facilities in an appropriate and safe manner.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assist the teaching staff in the preparation of materials and equipment in the Science Departments
- Set up demonstration experiments
- Maintain the upkeep of equipment and laboratories within the Science Departments
- Carry out experimental research as instructed by faculty
- Assist in the running of a large suite of labs by replenishing stocks of consumables and maintaining equipment
- Train new staff and students in good laboratory practices
- Prepare the materials and apparatus for demonstrations and practical work
- Advise on the school’s health and safety policy and ensure its implementation within the areas of responsibility
- Carry out safety and risk assessments as required and maintain records as appropriate
- Operate laboratory documentation systems
- First degree (not below Second Class Upper Division) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized national or international university
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in higher institutions
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- All qualified candidates are advised to arrange all application documents (including application cover letter, CV, vision statement (where applicable) and copies of academic and professional certificates, etc) in one document (PDF Format). The PDF documents should be titled their Names (first and surname) and position applied for (For example, John Okoro – Job Title)
- All applicants are to provide valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via their email addresses/telephone numbers.