Laboratory Technician at Goodseed Specialist Clinics
Goodseed Specialist Clinics is a clinic that specialises in Obstetric and Gyneacology. We are highy professional and fully equipped for healthcare delivery. We aim to achieve the highest standard of care for gynaecology patients, as part of achieving this goal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that patients / clients, from whom a blood or other specimen (e.g. body fluids, tissue and excretion) is to be taken, are correctly identified and educated about the actual procedure and their rights, in compliance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Draws blood and collects non-blood specimens from patients/ clients at various locations, using the correct and sterile equipment in a manner that will yield the best results.
- Observes the physical condition of patients during blood taking and applies sound first aid practices in order to ensure the safety and comfort of patients / clients.
- Monitors stock levels of all collection materials, including venesection “bleeding” bags, and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Ability to perform some medical laboratory analysis.
- Ensures that bio-hazardous waste is disposed of in the correct manner to comply with relevant safety protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Keeps records of specimens collected and ensures that all patient details and clinical information is accurately recorded.
- Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turn around requirements.
- HND / Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 24th October, 2021.