Nutri K Limited - Is a subsidiary of Nutriset Group which was established to provide technical support in the specialized manufacturing, commercialization and distribution process of ready to-use food for the treatment and prevention of malnutrition in Nigeria. With a population of nearly 180 million people, Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. However, every year, over 500.000 children under the age of five years old die from malnutrition. About 1.7million of Nigerian children suffer from severe acute malnutrition, and close to a third of the 10 million under 5 age children suffer from chronic malnutrition; NUTRIK LTD is dedicated to the fight against malnutrition in Nigeria. The company specialized in manufacturing nutritional food used for the care of children affected by malnutrition. NUTRIK supplies humanitarian and health programmes with high quality ready-to-use-therapeutic and supplementary food (RUTF, RUSF), as well as lipid-based nutrient supplements (LNS).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Officer
- Nutri K is now looking for Laboratory Officer for its Quality department to carry out its activities in Kano.
The Laboratory Officer is responsible for the following;
- Maintain the Laboratory’s Quality System.
- Perform analytical tests in the laboratory.
- Assist with laboratory administrative duties.
- Maintain smooth laboratory work flow.
- Obtain lab certifications and complete QA/QC assignments.
- Promote good customer relations with all clients.
- Sample collections and water quality monitoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Maintain the Laboratory’s Quality System
- Update, revise, and maintain the Laboratory’s Quality Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, and other quality documents.
- Perform internal audits of the Laboratory, including both technical and quality systems audits.
- Perform and document corrective action, including follow up monitoring to gauge the effectiveness of the corrective action.
Perform analytical tests in the laboratory.
- Perform analytical tests in the laboratory as assigned by the Quality Manager and immediately report any problems with tests, equipment or results to the Quality Manager.
- Follow all Quality Assurance/Quality Control procedures as outlined in the NUTRIK Laboratory Quality Assurance Manual.
- Coordinate Monthly Quality Exchanges with Nutriset
Assist with Laboratory Administrative Duties.
- Perform laboratory administrative duties by collecting samples as needed, calculating and recording analytical results in the appropriate log book, data entry in the ERP system, completing water reports, maintaining chemical/equipment traceability records, documenting QA/QC requirements, and generating control charts.
- Assist Quality Manager with administrative duties as necessary including but not limited to the following:
- Generating and/or reviewing analytical reports
- Ordering lab supplies as needed
- Contacting customers
- Monitoring turn-around times
Maintain Smooth Laboratory work flow:
Perform the following routine laboratory duties:
- Keep lab work areas clean and organized
- Perform routine repairs, calibration and maintenance of lab equipment
- Monitor the status of laboratory supplies
- Maintain weekly schedules and report any changes to the Quality Manager
Obtain laboratory certifications and complete QA/QC assignments.
Maintain the quality control/assurance of the laboratory by:
- Performing all QA/QC procedures for analytical tests
- Perform sterility testing on containers for environmental sampling
- Calibration of pipettes, thermometers, and other measuring equipment
- Maintain current Demonstrations of Capability for all test procedures in the laboratory for which and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Quality Assurance oversight will be performed.
- Maintain training records for all laboratory staff, including Demonstrations of Capability.
- Schedule and successfully complete semi-annual proficiency testing for all analytes in NUTRIK’s Scope of Accreditation.
Promote good customer relations with all NUTRIK clients and subsidiaries.
- Maintain good customer relations at all times, including:
- Maintaining a professional appearance
- Being polite and courteous to all clients in person and on the telephone
- Providing appropriate paperwork and containers to customers as needed
- Answering customer questions or direct questions to appropriate personnel
Sample collections and environmental quality monitoring.
- Perform duties as assigned including but not limited to the following:
- Sample collection and dispatch to external laboratories
- Air and water quality monitoring for monitoring programs
- Data review and site assessments/inspections and technical reports including trend sheet for quality investigations
- Language skills: English & Hausa
- Education degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology or related field required
- Work experience: 5 years food industry plant experience & Previous experience in a supervisory capacity.
Other Required Skills:
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, effectively under pressure, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible availability; we work night and weekend shifts.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online