DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist
The Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist is responsible for promoting and utilizing the organisation’s knowledge assets. They work both internally through the company and externally with the company’s stakeholders. The role involves the strategic capture and sharing of technical knowledge grounded in Hub and its partners’ work. In consultation with DAI SKMC Manager and subsequently the Executive Director of the steady-state Hub, the KMC Specialist defines relevant themes for knowledge management and then works closely with the M&E Specialist to harness and package knowledge for dissemination to clients, beneficiaries and peer organisations.
Reports to DAI SKMC Manager and subsequently the Executive Director of the steady state Hub
- Strong qualitative research skills: Design questions, lead interviews, focus group discussions & draw valuable information
- Proficiency collaborating with M&E on the evaluation of data and evidence to develop and share findings for improved initiative design and implementation to ensure learning and adaptation
- Proficiency communicating and disseminating results to ensure outcomes, achievements, results, successes, challenges, lessons are documented and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Engages champions; collaborates with program managers, partners, to expand learning activities
- Identify internal learning needs within the TA Hub and develop a comprehensive and applicable learning strategy for program staff within and outside the Hub
- Support program managers and other subject matter experts in the development and review of written, audio, and video knowledge products according to work plans to ensure consistency and quality of deliverables.
- Work with the program managers to generate communication material such as news, blogs, and feature materials for publication in key specialist and general-interest media, public health platforms, and networks in Nigeria
- Determine key PHC/health systems strengthen policy debates to which the TA Hub can contribute
- Contribute to efforts to mainstream innovation processes into existing strategy and program development processes within the organization, as needed
- Coordinate development and dissemination of a monthly newsletter to raise and maintain awareness of the focus and priority areas of the TA Hub
- Lead planning and hosting of knowledge-sharing events to ensure broad dissemination of the Hub’s
- Develop and maintain knowledge repositories and platforms such as website and social media
- Represent the TA Hub at conferences, meetings, and other industry events.
Eleven (11) Months
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 7+ years of experience (preferred) in a humanities or management discipline such as communications, organisational learning, international development, international affairs, or a relevant advanced degree
- Proven capacity for strategic planning, annual work planning, and budget development and implementation
- Excellent research, report writing, and technical writing skills are critical
- Demonstrated understanding of the competencies required to successfully implement a knowledge management portfolio and draw on them to achieve results: communication; social media; ICT; graphics design; video production; photography
- Creative problem-solving and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Events management and facilitation skills
- An understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and organizational learning activities
- Experience in several international development sectors and an understanding of the themes, issues, approaches, ethos, actors & mission
- Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management and organizational learning programs
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities.
To apply for this job please visit chm.tbe.taleo.net .