Anadach Consulting Limited – Our client is a growing facility in Lagos that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high-quality patient-centered care. They provide General Paediatric Services, Medical and Surgical Outpatient Consultations and specialized services for Adults.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patients’ experience, career opportunities exist for high performing medical professionals that can contribute in rapidly growing organization in the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer
: Ikoyi, Lagos
Reports to: The Senior Nursing Officer
- The selected candidate will be responsible for the delivery of basic nursing care to patients.
- She will be responsible for ensuring uniformity in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to all patients, whilst upholding global standards enforced by management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Observe admitted patients while ensuring frequent checks of vital signs as required by standard nursing practice and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health.
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after use.
- Deliver patient files to the senior nursing officer, especially for patients to be taken under observation.
- Flexibly work in all units within the department and/or clinic such as screening section, wellness clinic, specialist clinics, travel clinic, general practice, documentation and pharmacy.
- Liaise with the accounts team in order to receive funding for supplies needed.
- Raise requisition for required consumables
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment and pre-employment screenings.
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing, pap smear collection, urine sample collection, high vaginal swap and suture removal.
- Administer patients’ health checklist(s).
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs conducted procedures.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Engage patients for obtaining data on their circumstances in relation to diets and lifestyle for Doctors’ information.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Assist Doctors’ in suturing procedures and to set up lines for patients under observation.
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with additional qualification or any other relevant training.
- A minimum of 6 years post NYSC/qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially immunization and family planning.
- Proven experience in international standard of nursing care
Essential competencies and attributes:
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask
- Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to exercise discretion
- Should have a positive disposition to learning and willing to take on tasks.
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good documentation ability to prepare high-quality summaries and reports
- Good computer skills (previous experience in use of electronic medical record system or willingness to learn)
- Diligent and hardworking
- Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only candidates that meet the requirements will be contacted.
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Reports To: The Pharmacist
- The selected candidate would be responsible for supporting operations within the Pharmacy by processing and dispensing medications, as well as proper inventory management of all drugs.
- He / she would be responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in the efficient running of the department in order to deliver quality services to all patients, whilst maintaining the global standards set by the management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare patient’s medications by assessing and interpreting drug requests on the Electronic Medical Record to verify all prescriptions.
- Maintain the drug inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock, assessing the most-needed medications and supplies, verifying receipts and removing all outdated drugs.
- Classify, package and label all pharmaceutical products and substances, and dispensing them in the appropriate quantities.
- Ensure the stocking of drugs in the clinic’s pharmacy by assisting the Pharmacist in procurement of quality drugs from trusted companies.
- Maintain the safety, order, and complete hygiene of the clinic’s pharmacy and pharmaceutical products at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all safety measures, procedures, rules and regulations of the clinic management.
- Ensure availability of medications by delivering medications to patients appropriately.
- Organize medications for the Pharmacist to approve and dispense by reading medications prescriptions, labelling and calculating drug quantities.
- Prepare reports by collating information and summarizing the cogent details.
- Assist in other required tasks assigned by the Pharmacist.
Qualifications and Experience
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate with valid license.
- Must be a certified member of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN).
- At least 2 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a reputable organization.
- Practical computer skills and decent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work with Electronic Medical Records is an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Keen attention to details and strict adherence to instructions and regulations.
- Good documentation ability to prepare detailed reports and summaries.
- Computer literate (previous experience in use of Electronic Medical Record System or willingness to learn)
- Basic mathematics skills for counting and calculating medications.
- Good customer-relations skills and communication abilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent and hardworking
- Good team player with proven organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a positive disposition to learn and willingness to take on tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Your Name & Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 15th March, 2020.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.