Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Locations: Maiduguri and Damboa - Borno
Starting Date: ASAP
Objectives of the Study
- To determine knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) of basic PHC, IYCF, SRH / GBV and MHPSS in targeted locations of Borno State that will serve as an end line for its OFDA 1 project activities as well as an baseline for its activity planning and reference for OFDA 2 project.
The specific objectives of this survey are:
- To determine the status of PHC, IYCF SRH/GBVC and MHPSS practices in each targeted community of interventions in order to provide end line for its OFDA 1 project performance as well as to serve as benchmarks for its OFDA 2 project for detecting changes in IYCF behaviors.
- To collect information about potential determinants of IYCF practices such as demographic characteristics, IYCF-related knowledge, beliefs and behaviors.
Role of the Enumerator.
The enumerators will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Responsible for collecting high quality data, entering data and any other responsibilities. Data collection process will include interviews, focus group discussions (FDGs) using an electronic data collection tool designed by Medecins du Monde.
- Transcribe and code data from qualitative researches
- Identify and report any issues that may arise while attempting to obtain valid data
- Interpret interview questions to assist respondents in understanding them and providing eloquent answers
- Double check information on survey forms or information pads to ensure the accuracy of information
- Engage in data entry in cases where paper base options are used
- Comply with quality and research ethics during and field works (this includes data protection and information confidentiality of respondents or target project participants)
- Participate in a less than or half day debrief sessions to share field experiences about the community and entire data collection process
- Enumerators are expected to be respectful of the community and community leadership and membership at all times.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Enumerator should have a minimum of an NCE/Diploma
- The enumerator should have basic ICT skills
- Enumerator should have basic assessment skills in data collection, preferably in mobile data collection
- Enumerator must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English language and possess ability to communicate in local language in the community (preferably Kanuri and/or Hausa)
- Enumerator must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience and working understanding of selected communities is an added advantage.
- Must be flexible to work and available to respond to comments and questions in a timely and appropriate manner.
- High regard for cultural norms and traditions.
- Demonstrate patience and good leadership skills.
- Willing to learn new things and have a volunteering spirit.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location in the subject line. E.g "Enumerator - Damboa or Maiduguri" as the case may be.
Application Deadline 31st May, 2021.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
He/She supports The Deputy Log Manager for all support needed in the base (office and guest house) function including:
- Fleet management
- Log Assistant, Drivers and Guard supervision,
- Project team support,
- Field activity visit,
- Monthly Logistic Reporting
- Log Team management.
- Energy Management
- Equipment and stocks management,
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising the logistic support Services in collaboration with the Deputy Log Manager.
- Ensure the efficient management of resources (fleet, Assets, utilities)
- Ensure the good weekly vehicle planning
- In collaboration with the drivers and car, hire vehicle to ensure on-time repair & maintenance of the fleet vehicle.
- When vehicle moving for the maintenance and repair, he must remove the MDM visibility and put it back when the vehicles back at the office
- Ensure on time repair & maintenance of Generator
- Monitor the usage of fuel for vehicles and generator
- Monitor local procurement of goods and services for the Base according to the MdM Procurement procedures
- Assess the vehicle needs for a base in relation with project & office activities
- Ensure the rehabilitation of premises, clinic & regular check.
- Ensure the participation of logistics in the selection of premises for projects & offices
- Ensure that communication means are available for professional work (internet, telephone etc.)
- In collaboration with the Base Log/Admin, conduct the logistics assessments in the field whenever required, and provide the support to the team in the field.
Equipment and stock Management:
- In collaboration with the Log Manager anticipation for the need for equipment for the base
- Ensure the good usage and maintenance of MDM equipment, (cleaning, security, protection; maintenance) … each extra equipment must be insecure metallic locked metallic shelve locked, inventory doc must be stick inside the door of the shelves.
- Ensure the tracking of equipment (Physical inventories at least once each 3 months, ensure that all equipment is labelled, if not he must refer it to the log base.
- Update on monthly basis the asset equipment list;
- Ensure that each staff when he received an equipment as a sign the reception of equipment and keep it update. (when staff give back is equipment at the end of his contract make sure after checking the equipment state the staff sign the return of equipment form;
- Ensure that each equipment has an ID Number if not must refer to his supervisor,
- In case of any breakdown of any equipment, ensure that the following document is submitted at theLog Manager
- Report of the breakdown with complete incident report i.e. reason for breakdown.
- With the support of the Log Manager, make sure proper utilization of IT equipment (each staff need to clean his laptop, not put it under water, shadow, dusty) etc.
- Be sure that each staff has cleaning materiel his computer (small brush, tissue, computer spray)
- Ensure that the guard follow up the procedure of all Handset VHF is on charge every day after duty, and follow the procedure of before putting on a charge, empty fully the battery then start the recharge,
Base Meeting and Report:
- Participate meetings with logistics base staff or take meeting minutes for staff base meetings as required, in close collaboration with the log base
- Participate in logistics meetings and programs for the movement planning once a week,
- Participate in the monthly SITREP, each mast week of the month
- Participate at the Logistic monthly report each end of the month (vehicle and generator fuel and maintenance follow up, Asset equipment inventory, none asset inventory, purchase follow up) etc.
- Field visit report should be done in case of any clinic visit, and send it to the base Log/Admin.
- In collaboration with the log base, adaptation of team according to the workload (including daily labour & temporary recruitment)
- Provide technical support to the team on logistics’ issues
- Participate in disciplinary actions
- In collaboration with the Deputy Logistics Manager, identify the training needs conduct/ arrange the training for them.
- Ensure HR rules/guidelines are followed in the management of the log team.
- Participate in the recruitment with the Logistics Manager
- Conduct the appraisal interview for Log Assistant, drivers and guards
Security and Context Follow Up:
- Inform the Deputy Log Manager on any evolution of the local context;
- Report to the Logistics Coordinator in case of any security incident.
- Implementation of emergency measures, if required, under the supervision of the Deputy Log Manager.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: [email protected] using "Logistics Officer - Maiduguri" as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 3rd June, 2021.
Gender Based Violence Technical Advisor
- He/she will be responsible of ensuring GBV activities are integrated within the medical services package delivered to IDPs and host population in MdM’s clinics or supported Ministry of Health PHCC. He/she will follow-up the smooth implementation of MdM strategy for the response to GBV in Nigeria in close collaboration with the Program Coordinator, Health Coordinators and the MHPSS Technical Advisor.
- She / he will receive the support of HQ Medical and GBV referents.
Support the provision of services to GBV survivors in MdM operational sites (MdM clinics, MOH PHCC):
- Based on the Borno state context and in line with MdM overall strategy for the response to GBV, implement and suggest adjustments to MdM strategy on GBV, in close collaboration with the GBV Desk Officer, the Health Coordinator, and MHPSS technical advisor.
- Promote actively the GBV component within MdM program team to ensure that they perfectly adhere to MdM strategy on GBV in the interest of the survivors.
- Advise the clinic team (medical, counsellors, social workers) on ensuring the implementation of the planned activities, including emergency medical care, mental health and psychosocial support, and appropriate referral mechanisms following guidelines and strategy, through the Health Coordinator
- Ensure the quality of activities through regular monitoring and technical support of clinic team (medical, counsellors, social workers), data collection and management, and provide guidance in case of difficulties.
- Carry out and update a mapping of all actors responding to GBV and develop a strong network to foster information exchange and synergies.
- Lead on coordination with other actors to ensure safe referral for GBV survivors and make sure MdM internal referral pathway respect the guiding principles of the response to GBV.
- Actively participate to coordination efforts with GBV actors (ex: GBV sub-cluster).
- Coordinate with MdM’s national partner the implementation of the sensitization & awareness raising component in Maiduguri and make sure the MoU is properly executed and renewed.
- In Damboa (where MdM does not have a partner), with the support of MdM Community Outreach Supervisor, ensure that sensitization & awareness activities are properly carried out.
- Support and follow-up the community mobilization activities in close collaboration with MdM team, MdM local partner, GBV actors as well as other stakeholders (ex: community leaders ?)
- In close collaboration with the Community Outreach Supervisor and the IEC Technical Advisors, define the communication strategy and communication mediums (radio, press, posters, leaflets?)
- Contribute to the definition of the global referral strategy, in link with Program department coordinators. Participate in the operational research implemented in cooperation with the Population Council.
Human resource, capacity building / training:
- Supervise the GBV technical advisor deputies for the provision of on job technical support to clinic staff involved in the provision of services to GBV survivors (medical, counsellors, social workers) in Damboa and Maiduguri.
- Identify the capacity building needs of MdM and partner’s team related to GBV and provide trainings.
- Organize and/or facilitate trainings on the response to GBV, in line with MdM training materials available.
- Provide technical support to MdM partner for the smooth implementation of sensitization & awareness raising activities and the definition of key messages.
- Collaborate with the Health Coordinator, MHPSS Technical Advisor (and team), to set up trainings and follow-up of the activities (medical and psychosocial care) towards victims of GBV.
- Work towards the nationalization of the position of GBV Technical Advisor through capacity building and continuous support of the identified staff.
Communication & advocacy:
- Participate in the development of external and internal communication tools in order to promote MdM operational model for the response to GBV in humanitarian settings.
- Take part, if necessary, with the MdM team, partners or other actors to advocacy activities.
- Participate in the dissemination of MdM’s approach, results and lessons learnt.
Reporting, information management, coordination / representation:
- Make sure the GBV data collection system is in place, respect confidentiality and safety and that GBV data collection tools are properly used and indicators monitored (for both medical and MHPSS aspects)
- Share to Quality Assurance Coordinator, Health Coordinator and Program Coordinator any difficulties met in the field and propose solutions or adjustments.
- Participate to internal MdM meetings.
- Participate to the GBV sub-sectors meetings and actively contribute to coordination and common reporting efforts.
- If needed, participate to meetings with the State Ministry of Health or other stakeholders involved in GBV.
- Contribute to MdM monthly sitrep.
- Contribute to the preparation of new proposals or reports to donors.
Hierarchical & Functional links:
- The GBV Technical Advisor is directly under the responsibility of the Health Services Quality Coordinator.
- S/he has technical links with the technical advisors (under the Health Services Quality Coordinator), the Health Coordinator and Emergency Response Coordinator and Damboa medical team.
- Demonstrated 2-3 years professional experience in humanitarian settings, including at least 1 year of direct program management of GBV programs in the field.
- Excellent knowledge of international standards and guidelines on GBV in humanitarian settings and ability to implement GBV response in accordance with the guidelines
- Master’s Degree in relevant field (Public Health, Social Work, Development Studies, Humanitarian Affairs, or related Social Sciences disciplines).
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in providing/leading services to survivors of gender-based violence using a survivor-centered and multi-sectoral approach.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in implementing primary prevention of GBV, ideally in coordination with local organizations
- Good knowledge of WHO ethical data sharing guidelines
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office.
Personal skills required:
- Individual and group training skills in GBV and SEA.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and foster a team environment.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication and coordination skills.
- Excellent project design and proposal development skills and developing tools for cross-organizational sharing of best practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good sense of diplomacy and understanding of international global political issue
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: [email protected] clearly indicate “Gender Based Violence Technical Advisor” as the subject of your application.
Application Deadline 10th June, 2021.
Title: Invitation to Tender for Supply of Multiple Kits
Employment Type: Contract
- This is an invitation to tender for the above-mentioned supply.
- In this context, MDM is looking for different service providers to meet the needs for the supply of multiple kits for its mission Base level in Nigeria, Maiduguri area, Abuja area, and Damboa area.
- A more detailed technical description of the goods and materials (kits) required for this contract is given in Annex 1.
Interested bidders can download the whole
from the link below. Bidders should send their Tender electronically (via Mail) and accompanying Tender Guarantee (also specified in the instructions to tenderers) to:
Hand-delivered to no later than the submission deadline at the address specified below:
No. 05 Waziri Lawan Street,
Off Damboa Road, Maiduguri,
Application Deadline 21st June, 2021.
- We look forward to receiving your tender and the accompanying tender guarantee which has to be sent, by submitting a tender, you accept to receive notification of the outcome of the procedure by electronic means.
- Such notification shall be deemed to have been received by you on the date upon which the contracting authority sends it to the electronic address you referred to in your offer.
- If you decide not to submit a tender, we would be grateful if you could inform us in writing, stating the reasons for your decision.