Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered National NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions in the area of humanitarian emergency response and development. Currently, we have physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobiliser
Konduga, Mafa and Biu – Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- To support the implementation, and maintain effective and appropriate community engagement on all project activities in communities in the EiE Project locations.
- The post will involve coordination with beneficiaries and project team.
- Deploy participatory methodology to assess community needs in relation to Education for conflict affected girls.
- Utilize participatory methodology and adult education techniques to assist communities in developing community-driven prevention and response plans in encouraging enrollment and retainership of conflict affected girls in schools.
- Mobilize community to form ‘action groups’ for awareness raising and encourage greater self-reliance among women and girls in the project communities.
- In collaboration with community education animators and project team promote the EiE project objectives in schools and communities.
- The Community Mobilizers will perform the following specific duties: Based on the project activities, and or plans, and donor reporting requirements, implement the system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is valid and reliable information.
- Support in MEAL data collection and reporting through site visits and other support as needed. Ensure beneficiaries are well informed, processes understood and properly implemented by the beneficiaries.
- Work with households and state teams to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the conduct of periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to households and communities.
- Facilitate the sharing of project and relevant information obtained with households and communities, and other stakeholders through feedback mechanism.
Ensure project implementation is aligned to targets as directed by project manager or officers.
Constantly update beneficiaries and communities on project activities and progress
- Support the update of project database routinely as at when required
- Support monthly review meetings in communities
- 2 years working experience – National Diploma / NCE in relevant discipline. Living in community and speaks the local language
- General Written & Verbal Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – good
- You have good interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams
- Respected by local people and leaders and known to be conscientious.
- General Written & Verbal Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – good
- Language Requirements – speaking local languages – English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Live within the project LGA
Application Deadline 23rd February, 2021.
Job Title: Project Officer – Education in Emergency (EiE)
Employment Type: Contract
- The purpose of this role is to support the Implementation of GREENCODE’s Education in Emergency (EiE) project in the North East.
- Collect and compile project data from the schools, project target groups/individuals, teachers and SBMC members based on the standard formats and submit regular reports capturing achievements, case studies and lessons learned to the Project Manager. Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports
- The person is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of education projects in the Northeast states of Nigeria where GREENCODE projects are implemented.
- The Education Officer provides both operations and technical assistance relating to Education in Emergencies projects.
- The job holder provides coordination and engagement with relevant Education stakeholders including; SUBEB, Local education Authorities (LEAs), and Ministry of Education.
- The job holder will also be working closely with community leaders, religious leaders as well as community member.
- The Job Holder will support the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the Education project. In addition, support the Education project team to ensure commitment and involvement of local authorities and community members in the project; and support community mobilization to ensure participation, sustainability of the project as well as that the voices of community members, including women and children are heard.
- Implement and monitor project activities in partnership with IDP communities, local government and other partners as approved project proposal.
- Support the capacity development of community volunteer teachers/facilitators for implementing EiE project in the assigned project communities and LGAs.
- Assure that relevant cross-cutting themes (child protection, gender, disability, and life skills) are integrated into theEiE project implementation at the project sites.
- Strengthen networking with organizations or agencies working on EiE and child protection in ensuring child-friendly learning centers at the project communities and LGAs.
- Identify and analyze education and child development gaps in the IDP project areas/sites and report to the immediate supervisor for consideration.
- Document best practices and challenges to generate materials for strategic direction of further implementations of EiE projects.
- Prepare and submit, activity, weekly, monthly, quarterly and progress reports/ updates of the projects to the EiE Project Manager and National Coordinator.
- Contribute to the development of new EiE project proposals by providing consistent data and other valid information from the field.
- Represent GREENCODE’s core values, mission, vision and strategy with project communities, local partners and local government.
- Carry out any other duties as instructed by the EiE Project Manager and National Coordinator
- Implement delegated portfolio of Education in Emergency project in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Ensure that procurement and distribution of materials and equipment is timely and in line with GREENCODE policies and procedures; ensure accuracy of portfolio inventory (assets, supplies, materials).
- Contribute to assessments (baseline, needs, market).
- Ensure accurate project documentation, including collection of monitoring data and tracking of progress on output indicators; utilize data to contribute to reports as requested by management.
- Facilitate relationships with communities and community leaders to ensure buy-in and Do No Harm.
- Supervise and manage the teachers, including facilitation of teacher training.
- Provide support on youth/adolescent programming, including, life skills, basic literacy/numeracy, and alternative/accelerated education.
- Support identification of needs, and development and facilitation of training programmes for teachers.
- Contribute to proposal and strategy development through input on needs/gaps.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager
Operational Planning and Implementation:
- Work closely with Project Manager and National Cordinator, to ensure planning of day-to-day implementation, update on spending, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting for EDUCATION projects is done.
- Ensure timely implementation and budget performance in line with the projects plans and budgets.
- Effectively support the teachers and partners in proper service delivery are in line with EDUCATION Projects design and Save the Children International planning guidelines and ensure compliance with the agreed work plans and that programme objectives and targets are being realised in line with the funding proposals.
- Ensure that EDUCATION Projects implementation are to the desired standards and on time.
- Maintain high standard of transparency and accountability in the course of programme implementation while ensuring integrity and timeliness of activities implementation in meeting programme objectives, compliance with donors & GREENCODE policies.
- Provision of regular operations and implementation updates on project progress and challenges to allow for timely interventions and corrective actions by management.
Program and Financial Reporting:
- Contribute in the preparation of timely and high-quality progress and end of projects narrative and financial reports which are in accordance to the donor reporting schedule and formats.
- participate quarterly follow-ups and progress review meetings to address key performance issues from the reports.
Internal and external engagements:
- Ensuring that the program experience is represented and given recognition at stakeholder meetings, workshops, donor, networks and any other engagements.
- Develop and maintain regular channels of communication with partners and key stakeholders at all levels (Community, LGEA and State).
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree / HND in Education or Social Science. Experience in implementation of integrated programmes across different thematic areas such as education, child protection, child rights governance or disaster risk reduction is a must.
- Experiences in working with government and other education partners at grass root level
- Knowledge on creating child-friendly learning environments/spaces for children learning.
- Knowledge and experiences on providing training and guidance on learner-centered instructional methodology to teachers and education supervisors
- Must be a able to speak and understand the local language especially Hausa, Kanuri.
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English language.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 3 years of accrued working experience in program implementation in an international or National NGO and those applying partnership approaches is desirable.
- Experience of working with local partners and Local Government and State Authorities in Education, Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, or Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Job Title: Project Manager
Employment Type: Contract
- The Project Manager leads both the technical aspects and the overall management of the project. S/he is responsible for the planning, management, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the project within the implementing LGAs and state.
- S/he provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes. S/he facilitates the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable contributions with the overall goal and set targets as contained in the project documents and the partnership agreement, while adopting GREENCODE and partners approach and strategies.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the National Coordinator. The position will be based in Maiduguri and will include frequent travels to other LGAs.
- Under the supervision of the National Coordinator, you are in charge of the proper implementation and completion of a set of complex Projects implemented in the North East as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
- More precisely, you will be in charge of ensuring efficient, effective, quality and timely implementation of the entire Education in Emergency (EiE) project in Borno state.
- Managing and support the project team in the area of improved capacity building and M/E, quality reporting and inter-personal communication.
- Maintaining comprehensive records and reporting in a timely manner and in standard that meets donor/partner quality.
- Assisting in wider organizational development through learning and resource mobilization e.g proposal development
- Managing external relations related to the project (s)
- A holder of a Bachelor's degree / HND in Gender studies or Education and or Master's degree in Project management or Social Sciences, Humanities / or development would be an added advantage.
- Experienced in project cycle management for at least 3 to 5 years in a national or International NGO(s).
- Excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership, quality reporting and inter-personal communication skills.
- Demonstrate experiences in financial management, preparation and tracking of budgets for programming.
- Familiar with external donor reporting and regulations and have an experience in managing at least medium teams.
- Experience in Education in Emergency (EiE) project in complex and multisector emergency responses and sector coordination.
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda.
- Flexible, creative and innovative and promote team building.
Job Title: Project Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Employment Type: Contract
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager and National Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant shall be responsible for the overall collection, summarizing, compiling, dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms data generated from the Project with a key focus on submission of timely, qualitative and quantitative reports to the Program Management Team, donors and relevant stakeholders. Specifically, the M&E Assistant will be in charge of managing project data. Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management.
- Support the development and testing of electronic data entry questionnaires using the Kobo collect and Form Builder (or other software as needed) during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical packageS/he will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
- The position will be based in Maiduguri and will include frequent travels to the field.
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning:
- Develop M/E tools and conduct regular monitoring, document and report on project progress.
- Track the project performances vs. project indicators
- Create and manage databases to ensure the traceability of the project beneficiaries and assistance provided
- Conduct a baseline/end line survey at the start and end of the project.
- Lead in beneficiary identification, selection and registration.
- Regularly conduct on site monitoring and post distribution surveys
- Carryout rapid need (including market) assessments for proposed and new project sites
- Regularly collect and analyze market price data.
- Review, clean and analyze all project data, including but not limited to: beneficiary registration, baseline study, onsite monitoring, post activity monitoring, price data, final evaluation.
- Work with project officers for EPI Data collection for GREENCODE implementing projects
- Ensure that the project mid-term evaluation and project’s evaluation are conducted in a timely manner and as per donor’s regulations.
- Ensure the project final evaluation is timely conducted.
- Elaborate, review, and test all M&E tools.
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions throughout the project including for the registration of beneficiaries and other stakeholders for each project.
- Demonstrated appropriateness of quantitative statistical management programs including ACCESS, SPSS, EPI-INFO, Kobo collect.
- High degree of competency and comfort with information and communication technology used for MEAL
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives.
- Have a Degree / HND in Social Science, Art, Humanity or related field with minimum of 2years experience in a project management, stakeholders’ relations and administration-related role.
- Have excellent computer skills including with Excel, Microsoft office.
- Have strong interpersonal skills (communication, give effective feedback and be a team player)
- Be able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Have the ability to manage work plans including ability to work under pressure.
- Be committed to the NGO’s mission, values and policies.
- At least 2year experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably in the NGO sector
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in MEAL.
Job Title: Procurement & Logistic Assistant
Employment Type: Contract
- The Procurement and Logistics Assistant will support in the reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
- Maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors.
- Maintain procurement files, including proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law.
- Provide training on procurement and delivery of goods and services to program team, grantees, and beneficiaries as it pertains to established protocols by the project and local law.
- Manage account status for all credit accounts established with vendors.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the context and or/needs of the beneficiary, community and/or project.
- Develop and analyze technical specifications of materials, with consideration for investment, loss, and associated value; review and adjust budgets, as needed.
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team.
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards.
- Ensure competitive procurements by attracting potential vendors for the purchase of goods or services either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency.
- Maintain strict control of grant budgets, and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including delivery receipts.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation or related expenses under grants.
- Prepare budgets, solicit quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliverables are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- University Degree / HND or National Diploma in Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- At least 2 years of general work experience with at least 1year of procurement experience.
- Prior donor experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to develop tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function well in a team setting.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa languages
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages spoken in Northeastern Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work in Borno state, Nigeria.
Application Deadline 24th February, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] with the position as subject of email addressed to the email address and also request for the Competency form.
- Only application submitted together with the completed competency form shall be review for shortlisting.
- Equal opportunities for female candidates to apply.