Job For Translator at Girl Effect
Girl Effect – We’re a creative non-profit, empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalized and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Translator
Contract: Part time
Reporting line: Project Manager, TEGA
- Girl Effect Nigeria recently recruited and commissioned girls, named Technology Enabled Girl Ambassador’s (TEGA) in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States to carry out research for Girl Effect using it’s is a girl operated, mobile-based research program, born out of the understanding that an adolescent girl is more likely to feel comfortable speaking truthfully about her life to another girl like her. The TEGA methodology has proven to be effective in gaining very deep insight for Girl Effect and partners.
- Girl Effect Nigeria is looking to hire brilliant Translators. The Translators will support in translating innovative and robust research tools as well as qualitative research data within Girl Effect on subjects including Social and Gender norms, Education, SRH, Nutrition, Health, and Protection, etc.
- The role will require the ability to analyse language in context and a natural aptitude for technology.
- The role also requires access to a laptop and good internet speed. Registered companies and Individuals are welcome to apply.
- Attend trainings when required
- Additional Responsibilities for Agencies
- Recruit speakers of the language listed above, other Nigerian languages are desirable
- Plan, organize and lead on training/induction for selected candidates and ensuring that they sign the non disclosure agreement before working on Girl Effect research
- Pay the translators’ fee for each set of translations timely
- Provide laptops, earphones
- Ensure that all translations are completed within timelines agreed with Girl Effect Nigeria
- Ensure that all translations don’t lose original meaning and remain within context
- Ensure that all required documents for accounting purposes are submitted.
- Ability to translate audio data from Hausa, Kanuri and/or Fulfude to excellently written English. No summaries allowed while it is expected that the translations convey the original meaning
- The TEGA environment is fast paced and Translators are expected to meet their daily target
- Translations do not happen full time however Translators are expected to be available to work on demand. Two to Three days notice will be given.
- Translators are expected to give feedback to Girl Effect Nigeria on the tech, quality of research, safeguarding and any findings perceived
- The Translators’ day to day activities will be managed by the Specialist, TEGA
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate/agency should submit their Application Documents as an attachment to: Nigeria@girleffect.org with the subject Translator Job Application.
Application Document Includes:
- Send a clear-cut proposal with a background and introduction to your organisation
- Provide a capacity statement highlighting your scope of work, area of experience and expertise with particular focus on the deliverables above
- CV of Translators
- Send a 2 page CV as an attachment and a capacity statement in the email body.
Application Deadline 10th June, 2019 (11:59pm)
we use to solve global problems in a different way.