- Company: Maersk Line
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Inventory Control Coordinator
Reference No.: MA – 258460
- Maersk Nigeria is currently looking for a dynamic candidate to join our team in Lagos as Inventory Control Coordinator.
- He/she will be responsible to ensure accurate receiving and shipping of customers’ freight, maintain inventory integrity, and investigate and reconcile all inventory and shipping discrepancies. Create reports as required.
- Weekly Inventory cycles, cycle counts; reconciliation of counts
- Reconcile the returns of mis-shipped freight or customer refusals
- Identifying and reconciling inventory discrepancies in a timely manner
- Maintaining inventory reports and logs as needed, including:
- Comparison Report
- Metric Reports
- Back-up Quality Assurance Analyst functions and reporting as needed
- Coordinate the recoup or repack of damaged inventory
- Writing up the daily checks for Customers as required
- Checking freight for accurate paperwork as requested
- Reconciliation of overages, shortages and damages
- Apprising Supervisor and Customer Service Manager of any non-compliant freight
- Verifying all freight pulls, transfers, movement of freight and orders.
- Assist in planning inbound and outbound loads.
Other Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist CSR and other staff as needed
- Cross-train in other areas of the team
- Support Maersk Distribution’s commitment to quality, which includes customer-specific Quality program(s), training requirements and work instructions
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Performs job-related duties as specified by management.
We Are Looking For
Education and Skills:
- High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in inventory management and control from either a warehouse or production environment
- 2+ years ‘experience in customer service
- Basic proficiency with systems (i.e.: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and Warehouse Management Systems, etc).
- Must be able to work (TBD).
- We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
- Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy…
- We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
- When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off-and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2021.