Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is looking for the qualified persons to fill up the position below for the TB grant in the respective 20 LGAs in Lagos State:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Main responsibility is to review and improve project financial control and project risk management processes. This is to ensure the existence and effectiveness of internal controls, the reliability and integrity of financial & operational information, regular compliance with Global Fund policies, instructions & guidelines, as well as donor rules.
- Ensure the implementation of internal audit approach/plan for the project, monitor objectives and revise as appropriate;
- Identify potential risk areas in the course of audits and investigations.
- Ensure controls established are strictly adhered to and in line with Global Fund policies and financial regulations by pointing out exceptions;
- Prepare annual audit plan and audit calendar;
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity;
- Verify and check all supporting documents for purpose, value for money, eligibility and appropriate authorization;
- Check and ensure that relevant processes are followed for procurements;
- Follow through on proper, complete and timely retirements of advances;
- Carry out Spot check on all movable assets including cash, vehicles and health commodities;
- Perform investigations of suspected fraud or misappropriations and complete special projects as assigned;
- Assist in external audit assignments of internal control and substantive testing accurately as requested, completely and in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports including Executive summary, details of findings and recommendations on each assignment;
- Summarize in a timely manner selected risk rated audit findings identified in audits and reviews for the semi-annual Internal Audit reports along with additional information that may be requested.
- A minimum of HND/ B.Sc. Degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA.
- Must also have at least three years relevant working experience with reputable audit firms with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power point), good knowledge of internal control systems of non-governmental organizations, financial audit processes and accounting procedures for multiple donors such as Global Fund.
- Experience: 3-5 years
12:00 pm, 30th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Microsoft Word or PDF format to: email@example.com Email subject should be the position applying for.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.