Internal Audit Officer (Maternity Cover) at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer (Maternity Cover)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Internal Audit Head of Department
Proposed Start date and End date: July 2022 to November 2022
Job Categorty: Internal Audit
Level: Mid Level
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Internal Audit Officer (Maternity Cover) who will be covering for the maternity leave of the incumbent and be responsible for improving the mission’s effectiveness through process analysis and risk management and reducing risks linked with noncompliance.
- Ensure the development and implementation of the mission internal audit plan;
- Carry out internal control reviews of in-country processes including cash management, procurement, logistics, Human Resources, and stock management including food commodities, and assets management, and coordinate with the relevant departments to correct weaknesses and improve controls as needed;
- Communicate and explain the final report to the Head of Department - Internal audit;
- Carry out due diligence process of partner NGOs;
- Produce and Circulate DDA report to both partner and AAH management;
- Monitor operations of partner NGOs.
- Develop a tracker to be regularly sent to the implementers with regular monitoring;
- Prepare an audit report containing a summary & analysis of the situation;
- Ensure that audit reports shows the presentation of any identified gaps, inconsistencies, and recommendations for improvements;
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related business field is required;
- Having or working towards professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor is a plus;
- Experience in conducting risk-based reviews of systems and processes (including a working understanding of the three lines of defense model), identifying weaknesses and areas of improvement;
- Being detail-orientated and committed to undertaking work in a logical and disciplined manner, in line with the prescribed methodology;
- Being able to demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity;
- Ability to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis;
- Strong experience in producing high quality effective written communication e.g. reports, in English;
- Ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere, encouraging colleagues to contribute to common work challenges and deadlines.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience, with at least 1 year with a not-for-profit organization;
- Ability to work with various administrative and program levels in the organization;
- Strong organization and research skills with a broad understanding of the various program sectors and activities;
- Extensive knowledge of donor rules including ECHO, FCDO, and USAID;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly in excel;
- Fluency in English;
- Fluency in Hausa is desirable but not compulsory;
Starting Basic Salary
N366,604 per month (excluding other benefits).
Other benefits include but not limited to:
- 100% health care coverage
- Paid leave per year
- Free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 7th June, 2022.