Nuru focuses on cultivating service-minded leaders and equipping people with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty. Using local income-generating activities, Nuru sustains its work and funds program scaling into neighboring districts – thereby multiplying impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Impact Programs Specialist
Location : Lagos
Reports to: Team Leader
Employment type: Full-time with benefits
Term: 2 year contract in a field intensive role
Start Date: Q2 2019
- The Impact Programs Specialist coordinates the design and implementation of Nuru’s holistic programming in Nigeria.
- They work closely with local and international subject matter experts to deploy and implement interventions by, with and through local counterparts to demonstrate their relevance, effectiveness and impact on local communities.
- Plan and implement impact interventions to meet needs in local Nigerian communities together with local partners through Nuru’s Program Planning Process
- Co-create program plans including theories of change, logic models, rollouts, budgets and all associated deliverables for operating an intervention
- Implement impact interventions through an initial cycle and demonstrate impact
- Achieve these facilities in a way that is sustainable and able to scale up according to Nuru’s quality solutions criteria
- Mentor, train and collaborate closely with in-country counterparts as equals, building trust and capacity
- Collaborate effectively with a remote-based team of subject matter experts to navigate what will be an uncertain, complex and trying environment
- Put the needs of farmers and local communities first, and demonstrate this throughout all aspects of navigating work and life in rural Nigeria
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business, or a field closely related to Nuru’s core areas in agriculture, financial inclusion, healthcare or education; Master's degree strongly preferred
- Inter-disciplinary backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply
- 2 – 4 years prior experience living and working in the developing world, with 2 – 3 years of experience in training and capacity building of host-country nationals preferred
- Experience in developing and managing teams in high stakes situations
- Ability to highly respect and learn from other cultures and to integrate into those cultures seamlessly
- High commitment to Nuru International’s mission and theory of change
- Complex scenario planning and project management
- Ability to operate effectively in unfamiliar and dangerous situations
- Ability to do crisis management and rapid, innovative problem solving in uncertain environments
- Ability to build deep relationships with a variety of different partners and stakeholders
- Self-starter with ability to cope with a high level of stress and ambiguity, think on their feet, and demonstrate resilience
- Ability to make difficult decisions with limited information on a tight timeline
- Highest level of responsibility, discipline, and personal integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please apply by uploading your resume/CV and cover letter – outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Nuru International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.