Pyramids Diagnostics was established in 2005 as a private liability company in the heart of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. It was established with a mission to meet the critical desire to bridge the gap in the diagnostic arm of the health sector in our environment. Increasingly, for lack of credible diagnostic apparatus and reliable laboratory investigative results in some health institutions, a missing link exist in the doctor’s ability to arrive at leading clinical diagnostics, consequently compromising therapeutic outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Imaging Scientist
- Prepare patient for diagnostic imaging exam.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders to administrators for supplies; verifying radiology supplies delivered by suppliers.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
Key Skills / Requirements
- Patience, decisiveness and meticulousness.
- A desire to contribute to patient care and treatment.
- A systematic approach to tasks and the ability to follow instructions and set procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as supervise the work of more junior staff in the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Radiography with possession of a provisional license to practice from the respective regulatory bodies is mandatory.
- Use of MRI and CT Scan required
- High level, clear and effective, oral and written communication skills
- A responsible and mature approach to their work.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Accuracy, with good attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: chiazor.og[email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 1st June, 2020