Human Resource Assistant at Chabash Development and Health Initiative (CDHI)
Chabash Development and Health Initiative (CDHI) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 85190). Existing since March 2016, CDHI focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. CDHI operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
CDHI will implement Prevention and treatment of moderate acute malnutrition (MAM) amongst children 6-59 months and Pregnant and Lactating Women through integrated community-based approach using Tom Brown local solution in Affected communities of Michika and Madagali LGAs of Adamawa state, with funding from Nigerian Humanitarian Fund (NHF) - 2021 1st standard allocation.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Michika, Madagali - Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and clerical support to HR transactions and processes. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan employment-related documentation, such as employment contracts, termination letters, salary technical adjustments letters, materials for staff learning and development events, etc.
- Provide support to recruitment process: collecting applications, greeting candidates, setting up tests and interviews, Bridger check, etc.
- Collecting application, process advance payment and ensure all requests are as per the stated guidelines.
- Compile documentation and data perform data entry and data verification on personnel administration transactions (e.g., leave balances, staff attendance, etc.).
- Support maintenance of personnel files, compiling and updating employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Contribute to coordinating logistical arrangements for staff events, such as staff retreats, staff learning and development events (workshops, training), orientations, welcome/farewell parties
- Own the orientation program, running regular sessions throughout the year, regularly evaluate and make improvements to orientation and on-boarding processes for new hire, rehires and transfers.
- Work with the Finance and Admin team on work tool procurement process for new hires and replacement for existing hires
- Provide comprehensive and timely information, clerical, and administrative assistance to meet specific HR service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Provide responsive and high-quality service to employees with requests on personnel administration and clerical issues.
- The HR Assistant WILL be based in Michika.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Development Studies, Social Science, International Studies, Public Administration, or experience in related area
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to Action the CDHI’s mission, values, and policies.
- Master’s degree in relevant fields; human resource management, public administration, development studies and other related fields will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant administrative management experience, preferably with an international/national NGO.
- Prior experience in supervising staff in a structured work environment
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
Application Deadline 7th January, 2022.