is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Fuction/Domain: Health and Safety
Slot: 3 Openings
- To monitor site implementation of DIL’s policies, programs, and initiatives related to H&S systems; including performance of the work necessary to ensure adherence to safety regulations, completion of safety training, and attainment of business values and objectives.
- Ensure compliance of site operations with DIL’s HSSE policies and standards as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
- Participate in internal risk assessment processes.
- Routinely inspect the facilities, machinery and equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure compliance with safety regulation and DIL’s policies and standards.
- Routinely monitor the workforce for unsafe behaviours and coach employees on the correct behaviours.
- Record Unsafe Acts / fe Acts / Unsafe Conditions, incidents, accidents and audits findings.
- Participate to accidents and incidents investigations.
- Continuously engage with mine staff on Health and Safety, i.e Tool Box Talks, inspection reporting, weekly reporting, site management reviews, etc..
- Coordinate actively with other departments to improve work conditions according to DIL’s polices and standards.
- Accompany and engage Federal and State Regulators / Inspectors during compliance monitoring visits to the mine.
- Participate in HSE related meetings; safety awareness campaigns and external HSE audits.
- Compile, analyse and interpret accident statistical data, and recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical and biological work hazards.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as requested by the HSE Manager.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Biological or Earth Sciences or Engineering
- 5 years of relevant HSE experience
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent. Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Good communication skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work under limited or no supervision.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- HSE experience in mining and/or construction industries would be an advantage
- An understanding of health & safety as well as environmental management.Willingness to relocate.
- Willingness to work in a remote terrain.
- Successful candidates will be expected to work outside of normal hours for immediate responses to site HSE issues and emergency responses.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dangote-group.com .