HSE Manager at Engee PET Manufacturing Company Nigeria Limited
Jotna Group is a leading beverage manufacturing and related packaging company which comprises of 3 operating companies, The La Casera Company Plc. (A Leading Beverage Manufacturing Company in Nigeria), Prima Corporation Limited (Largest manufacturers of Preforms & Closures in West Africa), Engee PET Manufacturing Nigeria Limited (Manufacturers of food-grade PET Resins with a world-class plant, located in Igbesa, Ogun State, Nigeria).
Engee PET Manufacturing Company Nigeria Limited is a subsidiary of the Jotna Group and a leading manufacturer of the highest quality food-grade PET resin in West Africa. Their state-of-the-art factory is located in Igbesa, Ogun State which comprises of high quality production technologies and processes. These subsidiaries are significant players and leaders in their respective sectors. Jotna Nigeria Limitedis a shared service organisation that provides strategic inputs and services to the 3 operating companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Manager
Location: Igbesa, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
- The HSE Manager primary role will be to prevent and eliminate injury and illness to employees and assist the company to comply with safety laws.
- Assess and identify the potential risks that may hinder the reputation, safety, security and financial prosperity of the organization.
- Act as liaison between the organisation and governmental agencies such as police, fire brigade and any safety regulatory body.
- Establish and maintain procedures to reduce any theft/losses.
- Establish and maintain procedures for the escort of expatriates.
- Establish and maintain policy for spot checks of employees carrying parcels when departing the premises to ensure only employee personal property are leaving.
- Establish and maintain procedure for effective access control.
- Maintain control of departmental keys in order to ensure that only the assigned/authorized personnel have access to critical areas/operations.
- Conduct risk assessment and recommend solutions to health and safety concerns. Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover the root causes, recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Participate in any external or internal audits which may be conducted and co-ordinate the implementation of audit reports.
- Establish and maintain procedure for effective sanitation and waste management – waste segregation and disposal.
- Ensure that all members of staff are properly trained in emergency procedures and maintain a training/retraining program in order to ensure that all members of staff are always familiar with procedures.
- Conduct regular and irregular inspections of the premises in order to ensure that the safety of staff and visitors are not being compromised by potentially dangerous situations.
- Conduct regular reviews, ensure that programs/procedures are in place in order to address unsafe conditions and acts.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and/or Managing Director.
- Minimum qualification of a B.Sc / HND
- Minimum Professional Qualification of HSE Competency Level 1.
- Must have Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series 18001 (OHSAS 18001)/National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).
- A Master’s Degree in related field will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th October, 2021.