Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it's welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world's most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask "What if?" We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria HWM - Kebbi / Sokoto State HRIS Coordinator Consultant
Job Identification: 100507
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Part-time
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Health Workforce Management (HWM) activity supports establishing a cost-effective, well-trained, and motivated health workforce in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Banyan Global implements the project in collaboration with Abt Associates, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), and Solina Health. The project also collaborates with local experts, universities, training institutions, federal and state governments, and the private sector and provides support via targeted grants under contract (GUCs).
Aim of the Consultancy
- Abt Associates seeks a consultant to support activities aimed at strengthening HRIS in both Sokoto and Kebbi States.
- The successful consultant will report to the Senior HRIS Advisor based in Abuja.
The consultant’s responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the activity’s HRIS focal point in the respective states
- Support the states to establish and/or strengthen HRIS governance structures
- Conduct an assessment to inform improvements in state practices in utilizing HRH information for evidence-based planning, coordination and management
- Approved State HRIS baseline assessment report, publishable technical paper and/or briefs
- ToR for HRH Governance structures validated
- Develop and validate state capacity plans
- Periodic (activity/weekly/monthly/quarterly) reports on progress against ToR
Period of Performance:
The anticipated period of performance for this assignment is September 1, 2021 – to September 30, 2022.
- Advanced or Master's Degree in Public Health, Project Management, Health Information, Data Management or other relevant fields with 3 - 5 years of experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with health information systems
- Demonstrable experience interacting with representatives from state ministries of health, private sector, civil society organizations, national health professional councils, and non-governmental organizations
- Ability to work in Kebbi and Sokoto States (no relocation costs will be provided)
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite
- Experience in data analytics as well as analyzing and presenting information
- Excellent oral, and written communication skills in English and ability to work well on a team.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.