Bet9ja is the number one bookmaker in Nigeria. Sports betting odds, Casino, racing and virtual sports games. There is always something going on at Bet9ja.com.
Our sports betting coverage comprises all major events and leagues, including a great variety of live betting opportunities. Join Bet9ja to bet on soccer, tennis, basketball and ice hockey and so much more.
In our Casino you will find all your favourite games, from the classic Roulette to the exclusive Sette e Mezzo, as well as slot machines, scratch cards and instant lottery games. We add new games regularly, so visit the Casino section of our betting website regularly to be sure you don’t miss out!
We also offer a range of virtual sports betting opportunities for you to enjoy betting on football, tennis, horse and dog racing 24 hours a day. You can watch all virtual matches and races and check results and statistics.
HR Retail Officer
Job Purpose Statement:
The HR Retail Officer is a key role in the HR Team and will work very closely with the business Retail department at a regional level. The postholder will provide support and guidance to managers on all HR and people issues in line with best practice on HR policies and procedures in collaborate with other HR colleagues, other support functions and service providers to ensure seamless service delivery at all times.
The post holder will be required to align the HR initiatives and processes to the overall strategy of the Retail business. Will be inspired and motivated by the busy evolving Retail environment and its changing needs.
- 70% of the time will be applied to making regular visible regional visit to the retail outlets
- Maintain regular contact with all employees in the regional outlets
- Undertaking corporate induction and other internal trainings/ workshops for new starters and employees
- Liaise with HR & training department in relation to any identified needs and forthcoming training programs in the business
- Oversee and report on training activities carried out on employees in assigned area.
- To ensure the onboard and regional training is undertaking in line with the central HR department directive.
Coaching and providing practical HR advice to Retail management (i.e. from Area manager to Payout Officer) on issues affecting the engagement and performance of their teams, and seeing matters through to completion.
To ensure all retail conduct issues are duly addressed promptly in line with the company HR policies and procedures, ensuring you keep the HHR informed of all activities and for direction if application
- To co-ordinate and report on the company’s annual appraisal Performance project for assigned area.
- To work closely with the Head HR, Retail Management to identify and implement an effective succession planning scheme within the business.
- Provide support and guidance to the Retail Team managers ensuring they reach the high standards and performance levels required by bet9ja.
HR ADMINSITRATION & HRIS
- Ensuring the end-to end needs of an employee’s conditions of employment requirements is provided and up to date
- To actively support all retail outlets on people management issues and ensuring you keep the HHR and the Head of Retail duly informed
- Feed into monthly payroll starters, leavers, holiday and salary amendments etc. for retail employees in assigned areas
- Be the main point of contact for retail management, handling all workforce queries in areas such as employment entitlements, benefits, conduct, payroll, grievances, training, medical, career development, promotion etc
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR processes and practices
- To prepare weekly and monthly reports for assigned areas and feed into key business reports (headcount, turnover, absenteeism) for the Retail aspect of the business
- Updating and maintaining the HR Information system and also compiling data for delegated report
- Compilation of employee trend analysis and interpreting this to the Head of HR effectively
- To ensure the regional leavers are appropriately processed with the central HR department
- Provide staffing and recruitment advise, with a perspective in identifying, interviewing and selecting candidates suitable for the roles.
- To manage the regional Recruitment cycle, transfers and promotions as applicable
Represent HR in formal disciplinary hearing and grievance matters ensuring the process is fair, transparent and unbiased.
- Provide comprehensive HR support to a cluster of retail outlets and their management team as directed by the HHR
- To undertake compulsory weekly visits to designated Retail Outlets minimum 3 times per week
- To support all the Retail Management in preparation of all disciplinary information ensuring there is consistency.
- Any other duties that fall with the purview of the post as allocated by the Head of HR
- To positively promote Bet9ja and its culture
- Actively adhere to good HR practice and best fit to the business and be a custodian of the company employee handbook.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality on HR and business related issues
- As this is a retail environment, flexibility in working pattern is important
- To work across the HR teams, in response to peaks and troughs of business activity.
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities as incumbent will be expected to carry out other duties delegated by the HHR
- Effective collaborative working with team members, retails and other relevant departments within the business
- Serve as regional point of contact on all workforce issues in the first instance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION REQUIRED / EXPERIENCE:
- An HR generalist with experience in a retail business would be ideal but not a must
- Suitable candidate will have a relevant qualification in Human Resource/Personnel Management or Industrial Relations. Demonstrated relevant 2 – 3 Years working experience.
- Member of a recognized HRM chartered body ( CIPM, CIPD or equivalent) or working towards it will be an added advantage
- Strong understanding of HR Policies and Practices and experience in implanting them effectively in a retail business.
- Experience of collaborative working with other support departments and relevant external service providers.
- Motivated to introduce and influence new ideas and approaches to the Retail teams to meet challenges of the changing needs of the business
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with an ability to positively influence people at all levels of the business
- Proven track record of coaching and supporting managers in engaging and motivating their teams
- Highly organized & motivated team player
- Good team player and willingness to contribute and share knowledge
- Proficient in the use of IT Microsoft office ( specifically Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Good knowledge of report writing
- Working knowledge of using an HRIS
- Ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of Nigeria Labour law
- Promote Health and safety
- Ability to travel is essential
- Quick thinker, adaptable and dynamic
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send application and CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org