Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Locations: Lagos and Ogun
- The HR Manager position is for experienced practitioners with the ability to carry out and perform; employee relations, recruitment, performance management system, leave management, facility management, policy, administrative insurance, training, filing and documentation functions
- He/ she will have the opportunity to advise on current labor law acts applicable to Sahel duties related to workforce from entry to exit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with human resources policies and procedures.
- Develop and recommend operational processes by updating and designing procedures / policies that will improve performance and efficiency in HR tasks.
- Update Sahel Consulting’s team lists, buddy peering lists, WhatsApp group, email groups and advise on workforce exit and entry on a monthly basis.
- Periodically circulate relevant notifications regarding weekly knowledge sharing sessions, health and safety precautions, schedules, events and policy amendment.
- Review, update and advise on preventive maintenance schedule with the support team for effective management of facilities.
- Coordination of learning and development programmes for staff including the knowledge sharing and management trainings.
- Assist management in other areas related to ensuring the success of Sahel Consulting.
- Liaise with HMO, insurance and pensions administrators to ensure staff are registered and enrolled when required.
- Manage the smooth functioning of the office support systems in the most cost-effective manner.
- Source internally and externally for best talents to fit into vacant positions, screen CVs, conduct interviews and assessments, carry out due diligence and advise appropriately on selected candidates, coordinate on-boarding of new hires.
- Revise and amend employee manual as the need arises.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- B.Sc in Business related discipline
- 5 years of related Human Resources and Administrative experience
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office software -Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Certification in CIPM or Student membership of CIPM/ SHRM and other credible HR certifications is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labor Act.
- Ability to work within and lead a team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. We do not encourage cold-calls or unsolicited applications
Application Deadline Open Till Filled.