HR Assistant at Solidarities International
Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post - emergency programs in FSL & WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start date: Projected contract duration is 2 Months - No extension
Goal / Purpose
- The HR Assistant assists and supports the HR Coordinator - Deputy in day to day managing general operational and administrative tasks in particularly recruitment and selection, contract management, payroll management, leave and attendance management, personnel management ; HR reporting etc.
Human Resources Administration:
- Participate and support the recruitment process (complete cycle) for national staff, and ensure respect of recruitment process
- Keep informed of all documents and developments associated with employment law, employment in general, and staff training
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are respected and understood at mission level
- Assist in the administrative and contractual management of personnel recruitment and hiring
- Organize, schedule and conduct the HR briefing and/or induction sessions
- Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected (annual performance, contract amendments)
- Take the necessary steps with authorities if required (registering personnel, submitting documents...)
- Consolidate the SI ID card needs and process accordingly
Payroll, Tax and Social Contributions Management:
- Coordinate monthly salaries calculation and payroll processing for the whole mission in collaboration with bases and HR Coordinator - Deputy
- Update and check the monthly related HR databases and payroll variables
- Ensure the payslips signature and archiving
- Ensure the monthly submission of all social and legal contributions to finance department and pension providers each month
- Ensure that staff personal files are kept up to date and archived according as per the proper guidelines; for the whole mission
- Ensure HR documents and files are ready in preparation for Audit
- Ensure hard and soft archiving, as well as ensuring the security of HR/administrative documents
- Prepare the monthly HR reporting pack, check and consolidate for the whole mission and send it to HR Coordinator – Deputy
- Ensure the respect of the HR monthly calendar
- Report to each head of department on a weekly and monthly basis Human Resources related information about their respective teams.
- Update monthly the International Staff FU and prepare the HR shuttle for HQ before HR coordinator – Deputy’s validation
Communication / Representation:
- Work closely with and support the Administrative Managers and assistants
- Ensure that relevant HR information are published on the information board
- Report to the HR Coo - Deputy any alerts concerning Solidarités International Staff and support the in the social dialogue
- Ensure the HR data and information confidentiality
- Education: B.Sc. Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related degrees
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress
- Open to both Male and Female!
- Professional experience: 3 years of relevant experience (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 2 years of progressive experience in an INGO.
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa – Added Advantage).
- Good knowledge of archiving & file/record management.
- IT skills: Basic knowledge in Homere, Excellent knowledge of MS Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
What We Offer
- Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance - covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please submit your application by clicking the link above
- Select HR Assistant, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.
Application Deadline 27th April, 2022.
Note: This position is just a support role for 2 months only.