The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hospital Administrator
Job ID: ABJ202000114
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under supervision of the Health Project Manager (HPM), the Hospital Administrator works in close collaboration with HPM and the Mobile Surgical Team (MST) members of ICRC at State Specialist Hospital Maiduguri (SSHM).
- S/He is responsible for Pharmacy management, stocks management of all medical and surgical equipment and consumables, management of the Imprest system for ordering and local purchases in collaboration with the medical logistician.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the ICRC resident Health Field Officers (HFO) including job descriptions, planning, training and the dissemination of administrative information
- In charge of hospital pharmacy and training resident pharmacy staff.
- Coordinate and approve all ICRC local purchases for hospitals.
- Organise and monitor food for patients in the hospital, tracks number of patients and caretakers fed and approves
- the daily delivery note and monthly invoices.
- Works with Hospital Project Manager to prepare Plan of Action for program.
- Participates in the ICRC annual programme planning (PfR exercise)
- Contributes and coaches others in institutional reporting for MST program ensuring concise and timely reporting
- Supports monthly stock inventory, prepares requisition orders and follow up of medical supplies and equipment including repairs and non-medical items.
- Responsible for the general supply chain management in cooperation with the ICRC logistics department and the Biomedical Engineer
- Coordinates the distribution of all goods purchased for the hospital program
- Coordinates hospital Cleaning, Food Services, Transport, and Maintenance.
Education and Experience Required
- Holds at least a bachelor’s degree in a related field: Nursing, Medical Laboratory, Business Admin, Hospital Administration (other health related degrees)
- Masters degree/background in Public Health, Project Management, Business Administration would be an asset.
- At least 3 years of experience as Hospital Administrator with exposure to Operating Theatre, Anaesthesia, or
- Emergency departments (where applicable).
Desired profile and skills:
- Up to date knowledge / exposure and skills on trauma, medical & surgical procedures, stocks and pharmacy management.
- Proven ability to work with people of varied cultural and social backgrounds
- Flexible, diplomatic and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analysis; problem solving skills and project management.
- Ability to provide support and education to the junior hospital admin/support staff
- Very good command of English and local languages (priority Hausa, Kanuri, Shua desirable)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected] clearly indicate “ABJ202000114 Hospital Administrator MIU” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability
- and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Application Deadline 30th January, 2020.