Physio Centers of Africa – We are an innovative healthcare business seeking to propel physiotherapy and elder care to world class levels in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Home Caregiver
Reports to: HEC Superviser
- PCA Home & Elder Care is looking for compassionate and nurturing caregivers to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults and homebound individuals throughout our community.
- PCA Homecare & Elder Care provides a variety of non-medical services that allow clients to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity.
Core Job requirements include:
- Provide care in shifts at either day or evening to homebound patients according to the requirements set by the patient and/or his/her family.
- Companionship and conversation
- Do the client’s shopping or accompany them when they shop
- Accompany client to social events and gatherings.
- Administration and Communication
- Document and effectively communicate activities during visit and general wellbeing of client.
- Clock In after punctual arrival at clients home and clock out at allocated time.
- Report any unusual incidents and provide feedback to physician, family and office.
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency, so that all possible, new or enhanced opportunities are exploited.
- Medication and appointment reminders as well as administration.
- Assistance with personal care and hygiene, including grooming and bathing
- Assistance with toileting and incontinence issues
- Help clients take prescribed medication
- Assist clients with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks etc.)
- Help clients with physical therapy exercises.
- Additional Care (depending on patient needs)
- Meal assistance from the clients (when they are able)
- HND or equivalent level of education.
- If no educational background in healthcare previous exposure to the sector and a keen Interest In the sector.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Critical Characteristics
- Proven experience as a caregiver
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR)
- Knowledge of housekeeping activities with attention to dietary constraints
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics
- Physical endurance
Deadline: 9th April 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.