Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HMO Liaison Medical Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The Financial Controller
This role is responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills in improving experience of HMO clients.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Case Management
- Liaise with HMOs to obtain authorization
- Vetting of HMO patients' bills
- Vetting HMO medical reports.
- Provide information to patients regarding HMO issues.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of patient's encounters.
- Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients grievances.
- Liaise with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients.
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality in dealing with patients and colleagues alike.
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies/adherence to quality standards and clinical practice guidelines.
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals:
- Patient wait time due to delayed authorizations.
- Demonstration of ICARE values.
- Use of SOPS / adherence to quality standards and clinical practice guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Medical / Clinical field (MBBS)
- Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, with a valid medical practicing license.
- 1 - 2 years clinical and medical administration experience.
- Basic Life Support skills and sound medical knowledge
- Excellent documentation skills with IT skills required for the use of EMR and Microsoft Office packages.
- Organizational, reporting and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to Details and Emotional Intelligence.
- Diligent and responsible
- Honest and reliable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: