We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HIV Program Coordinator – West Africa
job Type: Full time
- Roche Diagnostics is seeking an HIV Program Coordinator for the Lagos, Nigeria office
- The role would entail providing technical support in the planning and implementation of laboratory services required for HIV prevention, care and treatment services within facilities supported by the National HIV Program in coordination with the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP), Ministry of Health and Funding Partners (PEPFAR, Global Fund).
In coordination with the Regional Managers, the HIV Program Co-coordinator will be responsible for the following activities:
- To assist with the planning and implementation of the Region’s HIV Programs to ensure that testing for HIV Viral Load and Early Infant Diagnosis run smoothly for the success of Care and Treatment programs in the Region, including baseline laboratory assessments and laboratory capacity development.
- To serve as an interface with funders, Implementing Partners, MOH procuring entities and international organizations i.e. USAID, CDC, DOD, PSM, IHVN, APIN, FHI360 etc.
- Tracks and report on a regular basis, Region Molecular Laboratories activities, project updates, and reagent and consumables forecasts using marketing data and reporting tools provided by the Company.
- Identify, implement, develop, maintain and support the distribution network required to provide adequate coverage of the market under his / her responsibility, for HIV Viral Load and EID. Responsibilities include contract negotiations, pricing in accordance with the Global Access Program(GAP) in place, product line allocations among authorized channels, as well as assuring continuous channel development (organizational, product knowledge).
- To provide technical assistance to facility-level laboratory personnel, including regular and systematic observation of laboratory testing procedures, and ongoing bench-level supportive supervision and instruction.
- To provide technical assistance to facility-level laboratory managers, including: establishing routine workflow; developing/refining SOPs, job aids, log books, and referral forms as needed; planning of lab activities to improve test performance and decrease turn around time.
- To coordinate laboratory reagent and consumables forecasting, shipments and distribution to laboratories to ensure uninterrupted testing in the HIV Molecular Laboratories.
- To provide technical assistance in HIV Viral Load and Early Infant Diagnosis assays.
- To prepare reports on performance of each testing site on instrument uptime, reagent availability, instrument utilization and training needs.
- To assist the Regions Molecular Laboratories in the implementation of quality management/quality assurance activities.
- To co-ordinate regular key stakeholder meetings and provide updates to all stakeholders at agreed intervals on the performance of Regions Molecular Laboratories.
- To co-ordinate Company resources (Technical support, Marketing, Medical, Quality etc.) required for the support of all the labs under his /her care.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Medical Lab Science Background.
- 4 – 6 years work experience in Nigeria
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Molecular labs
- Previous experience within the HIV space an added advantage
- Advanced Computer Literacy in MS Office.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online